We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Daily Travel time to see the Oregon Coast for the first time

Which Newport hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Boerne, Texas
reviews: 7
Daily Travel time to see the Oregon Coast for the first time

I have maps and charts to tell me the approximate "driving times" between towns, but how much "real" time do you need to see all there is to see there? We like to stop and take pictures, actually see the towns instead of just driving thru. We are from Texas and have never been to Oregon so we want to take in as much of your beauty as we can. We are driving from Portland to San Francisco in eight days. We are not short on time and could change our plane tickets to give us more days if needed. We are seniors and are interested in Lighthouses, scenery and restaurants.

Thanking all of you in advance for your help. We leave Texas on the 24th of July.

Oregon Coast
Destination Expert
for Crescent City, Oregon Coast, Oregon, Redwood National Park
reviews: 831
11. Re: Daily Travel time to see the Oregon Coast for the first time

Phirl gave you some great tips and saved me typing, LOL ;-)

Boerne, Texas
reviews: 7
12. Re: Daily Travel time to see the Oregon Coast for the first time

I found that out the hard way online looking at hotels up and down the coast. Thanks for the heads up on Cannon Beach, I'm just sorry we missed the Sand Castle Festival.

Vancouver
reviews: 73
13. Re: Daily Travel time to see the Oregon Coast for the first time

If you really want to experience the coast, give yourself a week in each region (north, central and south). Each area has a lot of unique things to experience. 2 days in each region is a good start, but you can literally pull over every 10 miles and spend a few hours at the park, view, hike, or towns/bays.

14. Re: Daily Travel time to see the Oregon Coast for the first time

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:19 am, July 19, 2014