We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Newport hotels

Which Newport hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Allentown...
Newport hotels

Looking for a hotel for one night in newport or on the outskirts, oceanfront would be ideal, but a short walk is also ok. Coming from Portland to Newberg and than Newport, heading to Coos Bay area after. Kind of on a budget. Hotel doesn't need to be perfect, location is more key! Thanks!

Oregon/Washington
Destination Expert
for Portland, Sunriver
reviews: 70
1. Re: Newport hotels

We really enjoy the Elizabeth Street Inn. It sits on a bit of a bluff, but all rooms are oceanfront. To get to the beach, you just go down a bunch of steps next door or walk a short distance to the main entrance there at Nye Beach. The Nye Beach area also has a bunch of shops/restaurants. The hotel is not fancy, but is quite nice and reasonably priced, IMO.

I just saw an offer for this on one of the discount sites, either Groupon or Living Social (don't remember which one). You might check those and see if the deal is something that works for your timeframe, etc.

Oregon
reviews: 40
2. Re: Newport hotels

We also prefer Elizabeth Street Inn. Great location, good breakfast, other amenities. You can walk to Nye Beach as Mtngrl said or also walk to the Yaquina Bay park that overlooks the bay. Our favorite dinner spot is Georgie's at the Hallmark Inn, but if that's more than you want to spend, we also like the food at the Rogue Ales Public House restaurant down on the Bayfront.

oregon
reviews: 12
3. Re: Newport hotels

Elizabeth Street Inn is very nice. I have stayed there.

The Whaler is another motel about a block north of Elizabeth Street Inn. Same location, on the oceanfront. Usually a bit less expensive than Elizabeth Street Inn. I stayed there twice. It is clean and well-run. Good value. Ask for a top floor room.

Edited: 12:21 am, March 13, 2013
Eugene, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Eugene, Springfield
reviews: 110
4. Re: Newport hotels

Just a block off the beach is the Comfort Inn. We've stayed there and found it to be nice. Not luxurious, but dependable quality. Breakfast included. An economic alternative, especially if you're looking for a nice overnight stay and not a destination hotel.

Oregon
Destination Expert
for Newport, Depoe Bay
reviews: 36
5. Re: Newport hotels

We have stayed at what is now the Comfort Inn. It was Vagabond I think. It was quite a bit cheaper than The Shilo and other oceanfront places. They all have the same 82 or so stairsteps to get to the beach. We have also stayed at Waves which has ocean view if you get upper floor. No beach access right there, have to walk aways for that.

Agata Beach Inn or whatever name now has fairly good each access, but their prices seem to vary and so does the quality

I have stayed at the Econo Lodge several times while i was fixing my house in Toledo. cause of price It is on 101. I learned how to get an ocean view room, though a bit distant.

Dallas, Oregon
reviews: 263
6. Re: Newport hotels

The Comfort Inn in Newport is usually our choice when our timeshares at Newport, Depoe Bay or Gleneden Beach are not avialble. Good prices (esp. with AAA or senior or government discounts) and a pretty decent complimentary breakfast. It's just a block from the beach and near restaurants and shopping.

Oregon Coast
Destination Expert
for Crescent City, Oregon Coast, Oregon, Redwood National Park
reviews: 751
7. Re: Newport hotels

Best Western, Shiloh, Elizabeth Street Inn, Comfort Inn, The Whaler are all close enough to walk to Nye Beach for dining and browsing if that's what you like to do. There is also the Greenstone Inn which is the newest. The Waves is an older motel in the same area, ocean view from upper floors and much less pricey.

Slightly out of town yet directly on the beach is the older Moolack Shores Motel. Decidedly not "cookie cutter" and runs less $$ than many others.

Not sure what your budget is? Prices increase late spring through late fall.

Curious as to your stopover in Coos Bay? It's quite frankly not one of the more scenic towns along the coast . . .

8. Re: Newport hotels

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:15 pm, April 04, 2014