We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Seafood and Wine Festival

Which Newport hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Keizer, Oregon...
Seafood and Wine Festival

I'm going in February to the seafood and wine festival, I have never been to one and want to know where should me and my husband go and how expensive is it?

Portland, OR
reviews: 44
1. Re: Seafood and Wine Festival

Not sure what you ben by where should you go since you already mentioned you are going to the festival? All the info for the event is easy to find with a quick google search, which I did for you - http://seafoodandwine.com/

It is a very fun festival but crowded. If you like crowds, Saturday is the busiest. I prefer Friday and Sunday. Eat bbq'd oysters, sip some wine and they also serve beer and lots of other food.

Make sure to bring a rain poncho as the lines outside the tent, especially on Saturday, can be over 2 hours long. People line up well before the tent opens.

Oregon/Washington
Destination Expert
for Portland, Sunriver
reviews: 70
2. Re: Seafood and Wine Festival

This festival is 4 days long this year. It starts Thursday and goes through Sunday. The website mentioned in the above post will give you details.

Keizer, Oregon...
3. Re: Seafood and Wine Festival

I was wanting to know where are the best places to go do the wine tasting, or is it like at one location and you just go into different tents?

Keizer, Oregon...
4. Re: Seafood and Wine Festival

Is it free to do the wine tasting or do you have to pay? Also is the food expensive?

Oregon/Washington
Destination Expert
for Portland, Sunriver
reviews: 70
5. Re: Seafood and Wine Festival

Yes, you just go to the various tents of the restaurants/wineries that you want to try. The ticket that gets you in does not include food or wine. Those are extra and will run a few dollars each. I think they say they start at $1, but most wine tastings will be more in the $2 to $3 range.

Keizer, Oregon...
6. Re: Seafood and Wine Festival

Thanks for the information I checked out that website from PDXWindJammer. It makes more sense to me now, but it did not say how it worked as far as cost goes. So thank you for the information about the wine. By the way does that mean that you pay a fee to get? If so do you have to pay each day of the festival or is it a one time fee for the whole weekend?

Tigard, Oregon
reviews: 13
7. Re: Seafood and Wine Festival

If you are having trouble with accommodations in the Newport area there are many great hotels in Lincoln City to choose from and there is generally a shuttle service that will take you to the festival.

Portland, OR
reviews: 44
8. Re: Seafood and Wine Festival

Yes, you have to pay each day. You may want to check with the Chamber of Commerce to see if they still need volunteers. If they do, you can volunteer for a shift and then get in free the entire weekend. The real benefit is not having to wait in line any of the days!

Keizer, Oregon...
9. Re: Seafood and Wine Festival

I already have reservations in Newport, But I will let a few of our friends know because they need a room and they are having trouble finding one in Newport and driving was an issue for them, so the shuttle will be great for them.

Keizer, Oregon...
10. Re: Seafood and Wine Festival

I didn't know that you can volunteer, I will call and check into this for sure. That will definitely help with the cost. I'm not looking forward to the lines but it sounds like we will have a great experience.Thanks so much.