We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Drive from Seattle to McMinnville

Which McMinnville hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Detroit, Michigan
reviews: 9
Drive from Seattle to McMinnville

We will be in Seattle for a few nights, then heading to McMinnville for two nights to do some wine tasting before heading into Portland for a few nights before flying home. Just wondering if there is a good route to take from Seattle which will still leave us time to hit a winery or two on the way and not get into McMinnville too late.

Green Valley...
Destination Expert
for Yellowstone National Park, Seattle
reviews: 45
1. Re: Drive from Seattle to McMinnville

Bumping with this comment; it's a four hour drive down I 5. If anyone knows of wineries en route, perhaps they will chime in, I do not. I 5 is not particularly scenic, though you'll have mountain views to the east (Mt. Rainier, Mt. Hood, among others). Avoid rush hours in Seattle and Portland.

Since you'll be in Seattle: Wine Country, Woodinville http://www.woodinvillewinecountry.com/

There's so much to see and to do in both the Seattle region and OR, I wonder why folks use their valuable travel time to seek wine. LOL

Edited: 5:51 pm, August 06, 2013
Dallas, Oregon
reviews: 300
2. Re: Drive from Seattle to McMinnville

It's simple -- wine is Sooooooooooooo fine! LOL!!

Longview, Washington
Destination Expert
for Mount Rainier National Park
reviews: 99
3. Re: Drive from Seattle to McMinnville

Just drive south on I-5 through Portland until you get to the Newberg/Hwy 99W exit. This will turn into Hwy 18 to McMinnville. There are several wineries in this area. Check www.oregonwinecountry.org I know the Evergreen Aviation Museum (home of the Spruce Goose) has a small tasting room.

Also, before you reach Oregon, you might want to stop at the tasting room for the Mt. St. Helens Cellars. www.mtsthelenscellars.com. They have a small tasting room at I-5 exit 49 in Washington (the road to our resident volcano, Mt. St. Helens) It's just off the freeway at the Crossroads Plaza.

Oregon/Washington
Destination Expert
for Portland, Sunriver
reviews: 70
4. Re: Drive from Seattle to McMinnville

Yes, it is just over 4 hours from Seattle to Mac. I would not suggest getting off at the Hwy99w exit though as that takes you through Tigard and Sherwood, with lots of stoplights. Continue down to Wilsonville and cut over and that will save you at least 30 minutes plus your sanity;)

Detroit, Michigan
reviews: 9
5. Re: Drive from Seattle to McMinnville

Thanks for all the responses!

reviews: 767
6. Re: Drive from Seattle to McMinnville

Have fun in the wine country! If you are looking for a fine dining venue, Jory@ The Allison Inn and Spa is outstanding. We also loved Painted Lady when we dined there last summer. For a more casual venue, The Dundee Bistro produces excellent food in a more casual environment. :)

7. Re: Drive from Seattle to McMinnville

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:18 am, August 30, 2014