We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

dont stay here families

Which McMinnville hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Coronado CA
reviews: 1
dont stay here families

Baker Street B&B, our family booked in advance 2 night stay at LA Chateau Nouveau and Baker street B&B, dirty, expensive, old run down accomadations unfit for families or weekend getaway without kids, Go further south to the Phoenix Grand Hotel in Salem OR, big rooms,indoor pool,new accomadations compared to this run down establishment .happy to talk to anybody about our experience, we wouldnt even check in after viewing our "chateau" Beware of internet photos ,they can be deceiving

Oregon
reviews: 21
1. Re: dont stay here families

Bummer, too bad you didn't try Gahr Farm B&B their cabin is cheap and awesome, very clean even for a baby to crawl around. And the hosts are wonderful and will interact with you as much or as little as you want.

Coronado CA
2. Re: dont stay here families

Thanx for yer response, we refused to checkin as it was so dirty and rundown,they kept over $500 of our money despite our displeasure the Gahr cabin sounds great!! Famiies beware of dishonest B&Bs

Green Valley...
Destination Expert
for Yellowstone National Park, Seattle
reviews: 45
3. Re: dont stay here families

An unfortunate personal experience. Generally, and perhaps you know this, retaining deposit for the nights lost when a guest does not appear, or in your case, refused to check in, is appropriate, if they cannot fill the room(s).

McMinnville, OR
reviews: 54
4. Re: dont stay here families

What a shame that difficult people can fraudulently malign our inn, when they want to justify bailing on charges they agreed to and are fully aware that they owed!

But hooray for America where we're all free to be the worst, or the best... we can be.

Innkeepers,

Baker Street B&B

Green Valley...
Destination Expert
for Yellowstone National Park, Seattle
reviews: 45
5. Re: dont stay here families

... and the "Fine Print" on your website says, in fairly standard format:

"Guests who cancel late, or do not arrive at all, will be responsible for the entire reservation. All cancellations may be subject to a $25 cancellation fee."

The OP sounded a bit stronger than necessary.

Melbourne
6. Re: dont stay here families

As a traveller from Australia used to staying at 5 star hotels worldwide on a very regular basis and shortly to return to McMinnville, I must admit my amazement reading the files recently posted.

Baker Street B&B is an absolute breath of fresh air compared to most of the accommodation in the McMinnville region. Surely it depends on what you want - the sterility of a typical hotel room compared to a place with character, warmth and personalized service from friendly owners.

Must admit, I am somewhat befuddled - nothing but the highest of compliments from here. Having stayed there several times over the last 5 years, I would much rather stay in a place of quality and warmth rather than other options in the region.

McMinnville
7. Re: dont stay here families

My wife and I are relocating to McMinnville and we have had the opportunity to stay at the Baker Street Inn on three separate occasions. The first time we stayed in the main house and twice in stand alone homes. The Inn is located in a very safe location just 15 minutes from lovely Linfield College and close to restaurants and shopping. We found the proprietors to be extremely friendly and the accommodations very clean and well maintained. The homes were completely stocked for short or longer stays and the breakfasts are delicious and a great way to start off your day. I highly recommend the Baker Street Inn the next time you are visiting lovely McMinnville.

Washington
8. Re: dont stay here families

I stayed at the Baker Street Inn myself on two separate occasions and found it to be very charming, oldworldly, clean, comfortable and wonderful breakfast in a family setting. the hostess was very charming and made us feel very comfortable and welcome. I guess some folks can't appreciate something quaint and different. And Oh, rules are rules...........if you have to move on and have sour grapes about the bucks you had to spend, keep it to yourself.

Baker Street Inn, I hope you stay as cute and charming as always! You are great!. Teresa H.

Oregon Coast
Destination Expert
for Crescent City, Oregon Coast, Oregon, Redwood National Park
reviews: 795
9. Re: dont stay here families

Have you ever noticed that many of these "complaint" postings, (whether they are about a hotel, restaurant, or anything else) often seem to be the *first* posting for people?

I suppose it's the modern way to vent one's feelings and get 15 seconds of fame .... just toss it out on the Internet ..... sigh.

10. Re: dont stay here families

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 2:17 pm, February 13, 2009