We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Advice - Where to Stay?

Which Lincoln City hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Boise, Idaho
reviews: 1
Advice - Where to Stay?

Hello,

Any advice would be great!

I'm looking for a place for about a week in October 2012 (flexible) in the Lincoln City area.

Amenities: sleeps 2, king bed, ocean view, out-door (deck?) hot tub with ocean view, easyish access to beach, fireplace (not a must, but would be wonderful).

Hotel or rental house, doesn't matter. I'd like to spent about $100/night.

Any suggestions??

Thank you!

Oregon Coast
Destination Expert
for Crescent City, Oregon Coast, Oregon, Redwood National Park
reviews: 758
1. Re: Advice - Where to Stay?

Hi and welcome to TripAdvisor. On the top right of TA's pages, you'll see a search box. If you enter Lincoln City, Oregon in there, it will take you to the general information page about Lincoln City. From there you can click on the blue "All 36 hotels" link to find lodging.

At the top of the hotels page, be sure to also click on the tabs for B&Bs/Inns and Specialty Lodging for other possibilities. The prices are a rough range only, and you can refine your search using the left hand column.

There are a lot of hotels in Lincoln City but I'm not sure how many have hot tubs with ocean views - all your other requirements should be fairly easy.

Oh, you might look at the Ester Lee :-)

Dallas, Oregon
reviews: 270
2. Re: Advice - Where to Stay?

Lots of places with ocean views and other amenities. For $100 a night in summer, not sure that would be available -- even the Motel 6 type lodgings along Hwy 101 without ocean views will probably cost at least that much. Even $150 is becoming rare.

Oregon Coast
Destination Expert
for Crescent City, Oregon Coast, Oregon, Redwood National Park
reviews: 758
3. Re: Advice - Where to Stay?

The OP says they're visiting in October so will get lower rates at most lodging :-)

Oregon
Destination Expert
for Newport, Depoe Bay
reviews: 39
4. Re: Advice - Where to Stay?

Depends on what you mean with easyish beach access. Some oceanfront places are well above the ocean, and it may be a lot of stairs to get there. You should ask that of any place you think about.

We stayed at Surftides recently It is probably easyish, maybe a dozen or more stair steps to beach. Shilo in Newport is 82 stair steps to beach

Edited: 1:21 pm, July 23, 2012
Park City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah, Travel Gadgets and Gear
reviews: 202
5. Re: Advice - Where to Stay?

We stayed at the Coho Oceanfront Lodge in June for $100 so you should be able to get that price in October. Full ocean front view, recently renovated rooms, definitely friendliest and highest quality hotel on our trip down the coast.

reviews: 15
6. Re: Advice - Where to Stay?

Tumbleweed...did you have a coupon or anything? I ask because I just looked into them for October and they were much more expensive for an oceanfront room?

Suggestions I've found from research have been The Looking Glass as that is a great inn, on a bay/ocean (very nice walk to the ocean through in interesting display of driftwood to one of the best places to watch the waves crash at sunset, in my opinion), the Sandcastle, OR try using "Lincoln City and Oceanfront and Apartment" in your searchfield...this is a website that has some pretty interesting properties, as well...Good luck!

Dallas, Oregon
reviews: 270
7. Re: Advice - Where to Stay?

The Lookingglass Inn in LC is our back-up if we can't get a weekend at our timeshares in Gleneden Beach, Depoe Bay or Newport. It's not right on the beach, but is just across the street from it, and many of the rooms do have semi-ocean/bay views.

edmonton, canada
reviews: 17
8. Re: Advice - Where to Stay?

Are you stuck on Lincoln City? On our recent trip in July we stayed in Seaside, Lincoln City, Newport and Florence. Lincoln City was our least favorite of all and I would never stay over there again. BTW we stayed at the Coho as a previous poster mentioned but we had a very opposite experience and would never stay there again. If it was me, I'd pick Newport as my home base over Lincoln City.

Southeastern...
reviews: 57
9. Re: Advice - Where to Stay?

Starfish Manor has everything you want except the price. BUT . . . there's a full kitchen. You can easily save $100/day over a single room if you eat most meals in. If that's an option you'd consider, Starfish Manor is worth a look.

10. Re: Advice - Where to Stay?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 am, August 16, 2013