We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

just wondering....

Which Lincoln City hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Morro Bay...
reviews: 29
just wondering....

We'll be in DePoe Bay from July 6-13. We have a fractional @ Whale Pointe and come a couple times a year. I use TA frequently for travel and answer questions about the central coast of California as well as Kauai...but have never visited this forum...so just what do you all recommend to folks for restaurants and activities? I'm wondering if I've missed any gems over the past several years of visiting. Hoping Andaman Thai is still there as we look forward to it every visit.

Park City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah, Travel Gadgets and Gear
reviews: 205
1. Re: just wondering....

You posted this in Lincoln City but you seem to be asking about Depoe Bay. Can't help you there, but in Lincoln City Blackfish Cafe is a must stop. It was, by FAR, the best restaurant we visited on our recent trip down the coast. Local ingredients, interesting diverse menu, reasonably priced for higher end dining (two with drinks and tip $70).

Oregon Coast
Destination Expert
for Crescent City, Oregon Coast, Oregon, Redwood National Park
reviews: 761
2. Re: just wondering....

If you are looking for upscale dining, seaspirit, another regular poster always recommends Restaurant Beck in Depoe Bay. $$$$, so not my cuppa, but it gets lots of good press.

Tidal Raves is consistently good you must book ahead. Last I was in town a couple of weeks ago Andaman Thai is open. Lucky Thai Elephant in Newport is also very good. Local Ocean on Newport's bayfront is probably the best place for truly fresh fish.

Not sure how far you want to drive for dinners?

What kind of activities do you like?

Dallas, Oregon
reviews: 270
3. Re: just wondering....

Beck, located in the Whale Cove Inn, is the best choice for Depoe Bay -- or the entire Oregon Coast, IMO. Tidal Raves is also good, but Beck's chef and owner Justil Wills cooks on a totally different level (he was a James Beard finalist this year.) Blackfish Cafe is another of our longtime favorites, but being on the north end of Lincoln City is almost as far (drive time) as Newport's restaurants. As mentioned, Local Ocean Seafoods offers wonderful, fresh fish and Saffron Salmon, also on the Newport bayfront, has terrific food and a nicely varied menu -- steaks, salads, sandwiches, in addtion to seafood. In the Nye Beach area, April's (NW menu) and Panache (French emphasis) also are excellent choices.

Morro Bay...
reviews: 29
4. Re: just wondering....

Thanks for the replies. I have eaten at most places mentioned except for Restaurant Beck...have wanted to and maybe this is the time for a splurge meal.

5. Re: just wondering....

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 am, July 17, 2013