We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

oregon coast best locations for a stay

Which Lincoln City hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Loudon, Tennessee
reviews: 14
oregon coast best locations for a stay

We have four nights to spend on Oregon Coast. What are the most ideal locations? Cannon Beach, Lincoln City, Newport or....

Vallejo, California
reviews: 4
11. Re: oregon coast best locations for a stay

I'll pop-in. I'll say thank you for her in your great help.

This is what I've also been looking for. Only 4 days with my daughter. Don't know jet if we would fly to Portland, coming from San Francisco/Oakland or drive ? We would loose a lot of time driving ? Flying would also take a lot of time.

I would like to add a question. We both like "Wine-Tasting". I heard there is a wine tasting tour ? We both like to stay in a nice hotel, resort, B&B etc. (2 twin beds) I hope, I'm not missing anything. Of course a little hiking etc.

If we would drive, we would start from Vallejo.

Vancouver, Canada
reviews: 57
12. Re: oregon coast best locations for a stay

We're in much the situation as the OP. We're planning 4 nights or so in Portland, then heading off to the coast, and trying to decide which place to use as "base camp" for about a week of coast exploration. I'm currently thinking Lincoln City, because it seems central, and has enough places to shop and dine to function as a good base. We'll be traveling as a group of 4: me, wifey, and two teenaged kids. We enjoy a combination of mildly active outdoor activities (easy to moderate hikes, sea kayaking), and cultural activities (historical & art museums). We're thinking about a vacation rental in Lincoln City for about a week.

Comments on the plan? Suggestions?

canada
reviews: 6
13. Re: oregon coast best locations for a stay

My husband and I are travelling by motorhome (no kids) Sept 6th til 23rd. Our 1st stop will be Coeur'd Alene then over to Seattle going as far as Eureka or Redding California. Can someone tell me places we should stop?? Lincoln city, Crater Lake, Silver Falls, Cape Mendocino?? I was wondering also about the Oregon dunes???

Florence, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Oregon Coast
reviews: 13
14. Re: oregon coast best locations for a stay

Camryn2, steveston78 and CanadaBigB, you will get many more responses if you each start separate threads :~)

Oregon Coast
Destination Expert
for Crescent City, Oregon Coast, Oregon, Redwood National Park
reviews: 776
15. Re: oregon coast best locations for a stay

Please start separate threads as it gets too confusing!

CanadaBigB this is *especially* important for you as you require different information from somebody staying in motels!

Please click on the blue link below, and then click on the Yellow & Black button to "Ask a Question":

tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g28958-i237-Oregon…

Then select Oregon from the drop down box.

Thank you!

Dallas, Oregon
reviews: 280
16. Re: oregon coast best locations for a stay

Nothing like a revived 13-month-old post, eh?

Denver, CO
reviews: 12
17. Re: oregon coast best locations for a stay

Has Oregon changed that much in the last year? :)

Oregon Coast
Destination Expert
for Crescent City, Oregon Coast, Oregon, Redwood National Park
reviews: 776
18. Re: oregon coast best locations for a stay

Yes lots - didn't you see the reports on CNN? Just kidding, of course.

No, but confusion sets in when two new posters tag onto on older thread. I'm sure dengay didn't notice the "2012" date for Camryn2.

If steveston78 and CanadaBigB would start their own threads (see post 15) then we could give them current information to help them plan their 2013 trips without dragging up year old posts :-)

Also, one new poster has an RV and one is interested in a vacation rental - no sense in suggesting hotels.

TripAdvisor is supposed to close year old threads that have no posts, but obviously this one was still open.

canada
reviews: 6
19. Re: oregon coast best locations for a stay

Thank you, I'll do that

20. Re: oregon coast best locations for a stay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:16 pm, June 15, 2014