We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

oregon coast best locations for a stay

Which Lincoln City hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Loudon, Tennessee
reviews: 14
oregon coast best locations for a stay

We have four nights to spend on Oregon Coast. What are the most ideal locations? Cannon Beach, Lincoln City, Newport or....

Vancouver...
reviews: 24
1. Re: oregon coast best locations for a stay

Ideal locations for doing what? Each community has it's own charm. Also, tell us your budget. There is a wide variety of places to stay. Chuck...

Edited: 3:08 pm, April 05, 2012
Oregon Coast
Destination Expert
for Crescent City, Oregon Coast, Oregon, Redwood National Park
reviews: 751
2. Re: oregon coast best locations for a stay

Will echo post #1 . . . and are you planning to visit in the summer? Do you have children?

reviews: 708
3. Re: oregon coast best locations for a stay

We favor the Northern Oregon Coast! Beautiful scenery, lots of good restaurants and nice beaches. Manzanita, Cannon Beach, Seaside, Gearhart and Astoria all fun places to explore.

www.cannon-beach.net

www.seasideor.com

What is your budget for lodging? After you decide on an area we can help with lodging suggestions. :)

Oregon Coast
Destination Expert
4. Re: oregon coast best locations for a stay

The entire Oregon coast has beautiful scenery, lots of good restaurants and nice beaches, syrahgirl. Some time during your annual summer visits it would be great if you could see more of the coast than just Seaside and Astoria :-)

Oregon
Destination Expert
for Newport, Depoe Bay
reviews: 36
5. Re: oregon coast best locations for a stay

Newport

Edited: 5:40 pm, April 06, 2012
Dallas, Oregon
reviews: 264
6. Re: oregon coast best locations for a stay

I believe SyrahGirl has pretty much covered most of the West Coast (from San Diego to the Long Beach Peninsula) in her almost 500 reviews. As she noted, the Northern Oregon Coast is her favorite location, in her opinion. I personally prefer a few restaurants in Depoe Bay, Lincoln City, Pacific City and Newport. We have timeshares in Newport, Depoe Bay, Gleneden Beach and Seaside so rarely need to stay elsewhere. But, we do have a couple of motels we prefer if the need arises. "-)

Edited: 8:13 pm, April 06, 2012
Portland, Oregon
reviews: 27
7. Re: oregon coast best locations for a stay

Besides what's already been asked, are you starting from Portland and returning to Portland, or continuing on down (or up) the coast?

Assuming starting from and returning to Portland, I'd suggest two nights on the north coast, and two nights on the central coast. My choice for the north coast stay would be either Cannon Beach or Manzanita; on the central coast, I like Yachats, but Newport is probably better located for sightseeing and other activities.

To your 500 review comment, OregonJohn, I'm reminded of the philosophical, "If a tree falls in a forest and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound?" Besides that, while it's clear that syrahgirl has "dined" her way up and down the west coast, I don't know that she's actually stayed anywhere on Oregon's coast except for Seaside.

Dallas, Oregon
reviews: 264
8. Re: oregon coast best locations for a stay

Who knows? Just from my own experiences though, if I'm having a nice dinner I'm almost certainly sharing a good bottle of wine (or 2) with my companion(s). And I'll definitely be staying overnight somewhere very close by. Actually, most of my overnights on long driving trips are decided by what great restaurants are available along the route. Thus, for example, the 301 Restaurant at the Hotel Carter is a given when driving Hwy 101 between California wine country and Oregon. Or New Sammy's Cowboy Bistro in Talent when I-5 is our route.

Manhattan Beach...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Redondo Beach, Manhattan Beach, Hermosa Beach
reviews: 3
9. Re: oregon coast best locations for a stay

We like staying at the Sandcastle in Lincoln City. It's a 3 story motel in a quiet area, right on a sandy beach, with indoor swimming pool. Will be there this weekend.

The corner room on the top floor is our favorite, with a fireplace, jacuzzi tub, and kitchenette. The views of the sunsets are very pretty from the balcony. Miles of flat beach for walking or flying a kite.

Oregon Coast
Destination Expert
10. Re: oregon coast best locations for a stay

Would be great if the OP would pop back in . . .

Get answers to your questions about Lincoln City