We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

best beach to go to with a dog?

Which Lincoln City hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Maple Ridge, Canada
reviews: 56
best beach to go to with a dog?

We will be in Lincoln City in May with my Mom & Dad and their dog who loves the beach.....(parents and the dog). I was just looking for advise on where would the best place to go. We would like to spend a good part of the day on the beach, so somewhere that would be good for the dog and maybe some tide pools and nice sand for the rest of us.

Thanks for any advice!

Maple Ridge, Canada
reviews: 56
11. Re: best beach to go to with a dog?

Thanks Corky!! We will check that out.

Bend, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Bend
reviews: 19
12. Re: best beach to go to with a dog?

We travel to the coast 1-2 times a year with our dog. I agree that Taft is a good option for a smaller or very well behaved pooch because it's a popular spot.

Another place I really enjoy with the dog is Gleneden Beach (just south of Salishan). We've stayed at Beachcombers Haven (they have a few dog-friendly properties), and it's just one block to the sand. Not much in "GB proper" in the way of attractions (except for the beach) but centrally located - easy drive north to Lincoln City or south to Depoe Bay / Newport.

13. Re: best beach to go to with a dog?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:49 pm, June 12, 2013