We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lincoln Sands or Inn at Spanish head in Licoln City

Which Lincoln City hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Bend, Oregon
Lincoln Sands or Inn at Spanish head in Licoln City

We will be staying 1 night next week and can't decide between the Lincoln Sands Best Western or Inn at Spanish Head. We don't go to the beach a lot so I am not familiar with either. We will be staying with our two boys ages 6 an 10. Nice view and location to the beach are the most important.

Oregon
Destination Expert
for Newport, Depoe Bay
reviews: 36
1. Re: Lincoln Sands or Inn at Spanish head in Licoln City

We used to stay at Inn at Spanish head, but we bought into Whale pointe and go there instead now.

Most if not all of rooms a Spanish Head have ocean veiw. it is 10 or so stories pasted on side of a cliff and bottom floor is on the beach . Though elevator was awfully slow

One thing we liked about it was it is very south end of Lincoln City.

Not familiar with Lincoln Sands

Oregon
reviews: 53
2. Re: Lincoln Sands or Inn at Spanish head in Licoln City

I have stayed at both. My vote since you are travelling with kids would be the Llincoln Sands Best Western. To me it is a bit more family orientated where the Inn at spanish Head is what I would call a romantic get-away hotel. I am sure families do go to both - just my 2 cents.

Oregon Coast
Destination Expert
for Crescent City, Oregon Coast, Oregon, Redwood National Park
reviews: 738
3. Re: Lincoln Sands or Inn at Spanish head in Licoln City

I know where both are but haven't stayed at either. I'd also lean toward the Lincoln Sands. It has a great oceanfront location, although admittedly the view is more "dramatic" from top floors of the Inn at Spanish Head.

I don't think the Inn at Spanish Head has any self-parking so that may enter into your decision.

Washington
reviews: 8
4. Re: Lincoln Sands or Inn at Spanish head in Licoln City

I would say that it depends on what you are looking for. Spanish Head does have parking across the street and a tunnel under the highway for access. The restaurant and bar have wonderful views, as do the rooms. Both have outdoor pools. Lincoln Sands is on a more active part of the beach (kites flying, beach wayside, more people, longer beach) Spanish Head is more romantic, more isolated, and has a shorter beach (but less crowded).

Portland, OR
reviews: 43
5. Re: Lincoln Sands or Inn at Spanish head in Licoln City

As with half-brit, I haven't stayed at either place but I do know a bit about them both. With a couple of young kids, I would definitely opt for Lincoln Sands.

6. Re: Lincoln Sands or Inn at Spanish head in Licoln City

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:16 am, March 16, 2011