We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Tent Camping Hood River

Which Hood River hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Seattle, Washington
11 posts
Best Tent Camping Hood River

Hello,

We are looking for family friendly tent camping near Hood River. My husband plans on windsurfing during the day so trying to keep it under 20 miles away. Thank you!

Troutdale, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Hood River, Troutdale, Cascade Locks, The Dalles, Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
8,761 posts
111 reviews
1. Re: Best Tent Camping Hood River

Hello cybercity,

So you are going to windsurf out of Hood River. That is great!

There are some good tent spaces at Timberlake Campground in Stevenson WA but I am not aware of any one spot were the other windsurfers camp. (that would be the best it seems.) Timberlake is by Cascade Locks.

I know some camp at Maryhill but they are usually booked up. You could give it a try. Maryhill is out past Hood River on the Washington side too.

You could check out Oregon State parks. there are some historic ones in the Gorge. (for that matter, Washington State Parks) Maybe Beacon Rock State park could work.

I think I can get some difinative answers and get back to you. I have to go into Hood River today and I could check. I am not sure if anyone posting here windsurfs.

Best

MrsO

Oregon/Washington
Destination Expert
for Portland, Sunriver
Level Contributor
9,241 posts
74 reviews
2. Re: Best Tent Camping Hood River

Lost Lake is only about 15 miles from Hood River. We like the walk in campsites there as they are away from all the rv's and other vehicles. There is a nice trail around the lake that is easy, and has great views of Mt Hood.

There is also Horsethief Butte State Park on the WA side and that is about 20 miles from Hood River. Lost Lake is in the trees, but this one is much more open and is right off of the river.

Both of these can get busy, but are not huge places.

3. Re: Best Tent Camping Hood River

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, May 15, 2014