We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Columbia Gorge In March

Which Hood River hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Puyallup, Washington
reviews: 28
Columbia Gorge In March

We will be going Mar 9-11 and staying at Skamania Lodge. Is it worth doing the Fruit Loop that time of year, just for the drive?

This is for our anniversary so it had to be March. I know a lot of things won't be open yet. Any suggestions are appreciated.

I am so happy to see so many old friends from just over a year ago when I was planning our trip down the Oregon Coast to the Redwoods and Big Sur. I recognize OregonPoppa, Mrs. O, and syrahgirl for sure. I have wanted to do the Gorge since I visited the Oregon Forum and read so much about it.

Stampincat

Troutdale, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Hood River, Troutdale, Cascade Locks, The Dalles, Portland, Oregon
reviews: 76
1. Re: Columbia Gorge In March

Hi back Stampincat. I am glad you are returning.

March will be a littlle dicey maybe. Our weather is so changing every 5 minutes that we never know... then again, it may be perfect.

The Fruit Loop and the Wine areas are truyly worth the drive anytime of year. Each turn you see a nicer picture op of Mount Hood in her white glory. The leaves may not be out yet, but stunning in relief to the area. There is a view area right on Oregon 35 not too far out of town.

Also, Hood River is such a nice city. Walking, tasting, viewing. Knead is a great bakery (I am totally in love with their sticky buns and pretzel bread) we always stop and get some for our drive. Nora's table is a good dinner place.

Have fun planning.

MrsO

2. Re: Columbia Gorge In March

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, February 09, 2014