We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

3or4 nights?

Which Hood River hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Limerick...
reviews: 93
3or4 nights?

As part of our itinerary we would like to spend time in the

Hood River area.

Would four day be to much?

Coming early Sept 2013

Thank You

Troutdale, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Hood River, Troutdale, Cascade Locks, The Dalles, Portland, Oregon
reviews: 78
1. Re: 3or4 nights?

Hi, Midon1

It's all your personal perspective. I live near there and have people come in where I volunteer and say that they take their whole vacations there each year.. Then there are some here who think that it is doable in a day.

There are many attractions there and many people don't know it's on both sides of the river. Oregon and Washington.

Do you like river sports, wineries, brewpubs, and drop dead gorgeous scenery? Timberline lodge is close by. White water rafting? Century old steam train, Sternwheeler paddle boat? Ohh and waterfalls! And hiking. These things and more are in the Columbia River Gorge National Scenic Area. Hood River is a friendly place and very welcoming. A great base camp for all of this.

You can sure make 4 days work if you like. Or if those things don't interest you, you may want to stay other places.

Mrs O

Oregon Coast
Destination Expert
for Crescent City, Oregon Coast, Oregon, Redwood National Park
reviews: 758
2. Re: 3or4 nights?

Four days for me would be too many, but as MrsO says, that's just my personal perspective... ;-)

They do have an excellent aeroplane and auto museum there. You might enjoy driving out east a few miles to Maryhill to see the Stonehenge full size replica.

Edited: 2:40 pm, November 07, 2012
Troutdale, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Hood River, Troutdale, Cascade Locks, The Dalles, Portland, Oregon
reviews: 78
3. Re: 3or4 nights?

Hi again

Look at www.nwhiker.com for webcams, hikes, wild flowers and area things you may like. You can choose from an alphabetical list or difficulty level. Webcams will show you weather conditions in the passes. (I love to look at Lolo Pass, Montana~ it's always snowed in) This site shows you WA, ID, MT, and OR.

Mrs O

reviews: 719
4. Re: 3or4 nights?

I think 4 days is a very nice amount of time. September is a beautiful month to be in this area. If you go wine tasting, Cathedral Ridge and Pheasant Hill are two very gre3at choices for this. Don't miss a meal at Full Sail Brewing in Hood River, they have an awesome patio area there and very good food. Enjoy! :)

5. Re: 3or4 nights?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 am, November 29, 2013