We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wooden Water Line

Which Hood River hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
WA
reviews: 1
Wooden Water Line

Can anyone give me directions to the wooden water line in Hood River? It runs from downtown to a power plant up river.

Troutdale, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Hood River, Troutdale, Cascade Locks, The Dalles, Portland, Oregon
reviews: 110
1. Re: Wooden Water Line

The old viaduct you are probably speaking of was compromised in the 2006 flood. A flume section was collapsed and the dam not replaced as it was being removed anyway.

It ran to an old power dam (Powerdale) that was taken out last year. It was 4 miles upstream from the mouth of the river.

It diverted water to a powerhouse 1 mile upstream from the mouth. Power was generated.

It is unaccessible now as the property to reach it is personal property and the owners do not let anyone through.

I hope I helped.

MrsO

San Diego...
2. Re: Wooden Water Line

Yes, that is the info I was looking for. Thanks!

3. Re: Wooden Water Line

Incorrect but interesting, the pipe line is open to public for hikes and van be accessed from the shell station on the heights near Shari's, or from the south end of eigth street at the turn around a path leads down to it. Also the pacific power station has reclaimed some plant life area from blackberry bush infestation and it is another area of access on the east end of belmont street

Troutdale, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Hood River, Troutdale, Cascade Locks, The Dalles, Portland, Oregon
reviews: 110
4. Re: Wooden Water Line

Hello, welcome to TA.

This is an old post. I doubt the OP is still around.

If it is wrong information, it's my fault. I will re-research the issue.

The Water Dept. gave me the information and she said that the property owner had complained often about trespassers. She was very earnest about not giving the exact address. She said you had to cross it to gain entrance.

Since they maintain the pipes and have the old maps I assumed she was correct.

Thanks for the heads up.

MrsO

5. Re: Wooden Water Line

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, May 16, 2014