We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Loop - Portland to Hood River

Which Hood River hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Indiana
reviews: 39
Loop - Portland to Hood River

We will be in the area for a wedding in July. We will be leaving Portland on Sunday and heading east. Thanks to great advice given, I have a route and some plans. We have a reservation for one night in Hood River.

My question involves time. We're not sure how soon we can get away from the family ( ;-) on Sunday. We have to be back near the airport on Monday night. If we get away late on Sunday, should we skip the Mt. Hood portion and just concentrate on the Gorge and possibly the Fruit Loop. We could return on the Washington side. Since we're not spending the night at Timberline, should we just skip this part?

We're mostly interested in sights and photography, a little hiking. Beer and Wine stops for sure.

Thanks, lots of great info here.

Eugene, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Eugene, Springfield
reviews: 110
11. Re: Loop - Portland to Hood River

All of a sudden, the operator of Inn of the White Salmon is plucking out old Hood River and Gorge postings and tagging on to them. So long as it's purely informational, that's OK...but one of his/her postings was clearly self promotional, which is not allowed on TripAdvisor.

Troutdale, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Hood River, Troutdale, Cascade Locks, The Dalles, Portland, Oregon
reviews: 76
12. Re: Loop - Portland to Hood River

I saw that. He could advertise with TA but there is a different format for that. I like the Inn at White Salmon but.....

Oregon
reviews: 26
13. Re: Loop - Portland to Hood River

I saw something similar in another thread and wondered if that is allowed.

Indiana
reviews: 39
14. Re: Loop - Portland to Hood River

Counting down the days until we leave. Thanks again to all of those who offered suggestions.

Oregon Coast
Destination Expert
for Crescent City, Oregon Coast, Oregon, Redwood National Park
reviews: 738
15. Re: Loop - Portland to Hood River

Reported as advertsing, but it takes more than one person to get rid of it.

Use the blue link that says "Report inappropriate content" on the post, then click on "Self-promotion / advertising / solicitation".

Puyallup, Washington
reviews: 28
16. Re: Loop - Portland to Hood River

Yay! this is exactly the type of post I was looking for. I remember you taking about crossing over the bridge and the interpretive center.

Stampincat

Troutdale, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Hood River, Troutdale, Cascade Locks, The Dalles, Portland, Oregon
reviews: 76
17. Re: Loop - Portland to Hood River

Or if it is the same message over and over then report spam.

Best.,

MrsO

18. Re: Loop - Portland to Hood River

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, February 09, 2014