We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Klickitat River Area

Which Hood River hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Portland, Oregon
reviews: 23
Klickitat River Area

I'm camping near Lyle, WA over Labor Day weekend. I was wondering if the Klickitat River can be done individually without using a tour company. We have two person seacraft rafts that we have taken on the lower Clackamas River from McIver to Carver. I found on a fishing website the recommendation to put-in at Guaging Station at end of Road K1410 and take-out at Leidl Bridge. I'm wondering if the rapids will be manageable given it is late in the season.

Anyone have experience on the Klickitat River without a guide?

Troutdale, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Hood River, Troutdale, Cascade Locks, The Dalles, Portland, Oregon
reviews: 100
1. Re: Klickitat River Area

As I haven't been on the Klickitat myself I can't offer guidelines, however, our whole water system is very high this year. So you should be aware that can make the river more dangerous.

Good luck with your trip.

MrsO

Troutdale, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Hood River, Troutdale, Cascade Locks, The Dalles, Portland, Oregon
reviews: 100
2. Re: Klickitat River Area

I spoke to a gentleman friend and he said the river is coming down and it's rafted all the time. I would say since it's not as high as it was in July, you should have no problems.

Be very safe and alert though.

MrsO

3. Re: Klickitat River Area

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:23 pm, October 16, 2012