We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help Please

Which Eugene hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Eugene, OR
Help Please

Okay so you can only find so many message boards for Eugene. So I've decided to give this one a try. I actually live in Eugene. Have now for about a year and a half. My problem is I am in dire need of a good hair salon. I am a black female so I would prefer a place that specializes in black hair (or at least has a black person doing hair). If anybody knows anything I'd appreciate it. Thanks.

Buenos Aires...
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires
reviews: 14
1. Re: Help Please

After a year & a half , have you found nothing in Eugene? I read this but if you live there, you probably know everything in town by now- they got Best Hair Salon in Eugene-Winner! Creative Id

"Owners Gayle and John Muckerman have been involved with Creative Id Salon for about 25 years now and have owned it independently for 16."

They do everything-waxing etc.

If you find it just not working for you in Eugene, would you consider coming to Portland, there are certainly plenty of hair salons here and they seem to all be busy ..

Good luck, I know how important it is to feel good about your hair, hope you find something soon :)

Bend, Oregon
reviews: 10
2. Re: Help Please

Hello there in Eugene! we live in Bend, Oregon and my husband works in Eugene so am over there off and on. Here is my suggestion may or may not work. We moved here years ago and when I left my favorite hair dresser in Roseburg I was at a loss. It was suggested that when I was out and about and saw someone's hair I just loved, I took a moment and asked them where they got their hair done!

One day at our Fred Meyer the checker's hair was just what I was wanting, so I asked, "who does your hair" and lucky for me it was a local hair dresser, whom I called and got info. I made an appointment with her and was the best find ever.

So if you are lucky enough to spot someone's who hair you just love, and are brave enough, just ask them.

Also you may inquire at the local beauty college of salons in Eugene that specialize in black hair. If the salon you call does not often they are good enough to refer you to the specialty you are looking for.

Good luck, nothing better than a great hair dresser!

I have had great luck at the salon at JCPenney at Valley River for what that is worth.

Eugene, OR
3. Re: Help Please

Thanks I think I just might do that. It's just amazing how hard it is.

Bend, Oregon
reviews: 10
4. Re: Help Please

Finding just the right hair dresser is a "quest".

Check this out, may be helpful:

www.uoregon.edu/diversity

They have various sources listed.

Blessings on W. 11th 344-2994

N Da Kut Salon

Rodney Witherspoon 484-5511

Rumors: Brian 977 Garfield 349-1616

Sally Beauty Supply 461-3877 (they might have good shop info).

My grand daughter and I are going to Eugene for the week 10th

if I talk to anyone who has info I will send it back to you.

Good luck!

Hope you are enjoying Eugene!

Paula

5. Re: Help Please

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:15 pm, August 12, 2009