We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nearest place to park and RV.....

Which Eugene hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Cardiff, United...
Nearest place to park and RV.....

....when attending a concert at the Cuthbert Amphitheatre?

My husband and I are touring round Oregon this September in a 25ft RV. We have seen a concert that we would very much like to attend at the Amphitheatre - my question is where can we stay?

We had not planned on going into cities with the RV as I am presuming there are not many places to stay over night? So to attend this concert the options, as I see it, are:

Drive our RV right into the designated parking and then drive out to the nearest campsite after the concert. (Providing we can park our RV in the Amphitheatre car park)

OR

Find a campsite further away but on a good public transport link to the Amphitheatre.

What is the best option and where can we stay for either option? We are open to boon docking, camp grounds, Walmats or traditional RV sites. Or absolutely any other solutions that you guys might have.

Can anyone help?

Eugene, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Eugene, Springfield
reviews: 128
1. Re: Nearest place to park and RV.....

half-Brit just messaged me about your question. Sorry I didn't see it earlier (been having Internet connection issues).

The Cuthbert Amphitheatre is right next to Autzen Stadium and its large parking areas. Unless there's a game the weekend you visit, you should be able to find space there for the evening. There may even be a dedicated area for RVs (I don't know). There's a whole area reserved for large motor homes on game weekends. If not, the Masonic Lodge across the street (ML King Jr Blvd) may accommodate you. All parking in Alton Baker Park or the smaller lot on the stadium side of the Cuthbert and the Science Factory will be very full and congested. You will have to walk a little, but you'll be among lots of others.

Oregon Coast
Destination Expert
for Crescent City, Oregon Coast, Oregon, Redwood National Park
reviews: 873
2. Re: Nearest place to park and RV.....

Thanks, o'poppa :-)

Spaced C, there are a couple of RV parks not too far from the Cuthbert Ampitheatre, off of I-5. You'd go east on 105 for just a few miles, then north or south.

North: Premier RV park... tripadvisor.com/…REVIEWS

South: tripadvisor.com/…REVIEWS

If you'd be coming in late, I'd suggest you contact the RV park ahead of time and get your space assignment.

In light of what oregonpoppa said about the motorhome area on game weekends, you may be able to stay right there. Try emailing the facility to ask about that!

3. Re: Nearest place to park and RV.....

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:20 am, August 17, 2014