We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Picnic lunch at a vineyard

Surprise, Arizona
Picnic lunch at a vineyard

Our first day will be in the Dundee Hills area. Is there a market to recommend to buy interesting food items for a picnic lunch at a vineyard? and which vineyard would be recommended that allows picnic lunches? We are flying into Portland, so won't be bringing food from home. :)

5 replies to this topic
Oregon/Washington
Destination Expert
for Portland, Sunriver
reviews: 70
1. Re: Picnic lunch at a vineyard

Two fantastic places to buy picnic items are Bonadventura Italian Sausage and Deli in Newberg and Red Hills Market in Dundee. Both are excellent!!!

As for vineyards, the one that many people like to go to is at Sokol Blosser. They have picnic tables set up outside. Personally, I would just have lunch at either of the places I mentioned above over the vineyard here as I would not bother with this winery.

Camp Sherman, Oregon
2. Re: Picnic lunch at a vineyard

We ate at that deli. Very good and authentic. Many wineries have outside eating areas. From memory Erath has nice outside picnic tables.

idaho
Destination Expert
for Sun Valley, Ketchum, Beach Vacations, Idaho
reviews: 310
3. Re: Picnic lunch at a vineyard

ditto poster#1 we do this each time we are in the area..food at the red hills market, and end up at sokol blosser, buy a glass of wine, and enjoy their tables and views. new tasting room looks fabulous.

Surprise, Arizona
4. Re: Picnic lunch at a vineyard

Love that I get answers like this on tripadvisor. Thanks so much for the info!

idaho
Destination Expert
for Sun Valley, Ketchum, Beach Vacations, Idaho
reviews: 310
5. Re: Picnic lunch at a vineyard

stop by zerba, right near the red hills market...a tasting room they had some, wish i would have gotten more!! pomegranate balsalmic vinegar...yummy..just a drop on a salad...i wish that i had gotten more..next year, for susre.

Reply to: Picnic lunch at a vineyard
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Dundee