We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Using jogging Stroller for hiking Sunset Bay to Cape Arago

Which Coos Bay hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
bend, oregon
Using jogging Stroller for hiking Sunset Bay to Cape Arago

Dear Everybody,

We are planning to hike along the trail from Sunset Bay State Park to Cape Shore to Cape Arago with my 3 kids age 4, 6, 8. I was thinking of taking along our jogging stroller for my 4 yr old since the trail is 3.5 miles long. Is a jogging stroller able to pass through the trails or it is too rocky and narrow for it?

Thanks

Portland, Oregon
reviews: 34
1. Re: Using jogging Stroller for hiking Sunset Bay to Cape Arago

I've only been on the first half of that trail, so I can't help you 100%, but I think your biggest problem would be the mud. However, I figure that if you're tolerant and fit enough to take three kids on a hike longer than the distance from the parking lot to the trailhead, a little mud won't hamper your progress. Lucky kids!

Florence, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Oregon Coast
reviews: 15
2. Re: Using jogging Stroller for hiking Sunset Bay to Cape Arago

All the trails here average 4' wide, so it should be no problem.

bend, oregon
3. Re: Using jogging Stroller for hiking Sunset Bay to Cape Arago

Hi Oregone and Dengay,

thanks for your replies. That is certainly a relief and I am excited for this trip!

4. Re: Using jogging Stroller for hiking Sunset Bay to Cape Arago

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:16 pm, October 01, 2009