We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Arriving on the 4th of July

Which Cannon Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
sarasota, florida
Destination Expert
for Sarasota
reviews: 79
Arriving on the 4th of July

We will be driving up to Cannon Beach from Depoe Bay on July 4th. Will we be able to see any fireworks from Cannon Beach? We are staying at Ocean Lodge. Should we make dinner reservations? What are your favorite three restaurants for dinner in/near Cannon Beach? (We like fine dining, but don't need to spend $100/person!)

Thanks!

Green Valley...
Destination Expert
for Yellowstone National Park, Seattle
reviews: 45
1. Re: Arriving on the 4th of July

Select "Restaurants", top of page for a list, reviews and more. The ratings are for all restaurants, so discard those of no interest:

Sarasota, nice area, my folks lived there (Longboat Key) for many years and one of my brothers chose Sarasota for retirement.

Vancouver...
2. Re: Arriving on the 4th of July

No fireworks in Cannon Beach at all, none are allowed, even personal ones.

Seaside just to the North and Manzanita just to the South both have fireworks displays, but you'd have to drive to see them.

reviews: 735
3. Re: Arriving on the 4th of July

Make reservations for The Stephanie Inn! We dined there last night, the food is incredible. They offer a Fixe Prixe menu and you can order ala carte now also. We enjoyed a bottle of Domaine Drouhin Pinot Noir with dinner, their cork fee is $15/bottle.

Newman's @ 988 and Castaway's Tini Tiki Hut are two other favorites of ours in Cannon Beach. Enjoy your time at the coast! :)

Portland, Oregon
reviews: 30
4. Re: Arriving on the 4th of July

Counting the cost of a decent bottle of wine, whether you bring your own or select from the wine list, dinner at Stephanie Inn will be in the $100 per person range. You could/would come close to that at Newman's too. But you might consider Fishes, another of John Newman's restaurants. It's Japanese, but I'd put it in the "fine dining" category. Another thought is The Irish Table, which serves very good food in a homey, casual setting. The downside here is that it doesn't take reservations unless you're a party of four or more, so show up early, or be prepared to wait. Both Newman and Crystal Corbin, the chef at Irish Table, were formerly exec. chefs at Stephanie Inn, so they come with pretty good resumes.

One more.... My favorite dinner in Cannon Beach is whatever is being served at EVOO's Dinner Show. They're not having one on July 4, but if you arrive early enough, you might have apple pie and watch a parade from their deck: evoo.biz/class/apple-pie-while-you-watch-the… .

sarasota, florida
Destination Expert
for Sarasota
5. Re: Arriving on the 4th of July

Ok---if we want fireworks, will we be able to park? What would be our best bet? Thanks for the help!!

Portland, Oregon
reviews: 30
6. Re: Arriving on the 4th of July

Seaside will have the better fireworks, meaning it will also attract the biggest crowds. I've never been there on the 4th, but if I were to go, I'd turn left onto Ave. U, look for parking in the neighborhood a block or two from the beach, and walk the Promenade into the center of town.

Florence, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Oregon Coast
reviews: 13
7. Re: Arriving on the 4th of July

Or drive south through Oswald West State Park (about 10 miles) and park at one of the many pullouts on Neah-Kah-Nie Mt where you can watch Manzanita's fireworks from approximately 600' elevation! This is what we always did when I was a kid and the memories are lasting!

sarasota, florida
Destination Expert
for Sarasota
8. Re: Arriving on the 4th of July

thanks. and hey dengay, is that your golden? or is the golden dengay?

(i have 2 golden/lab mixes and a springer).

Florence, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Oregon Coast
reviews: 13
9. Re: Arriving on the 4th of July

That's Junior, our 9 y.o. Golden.

sarasota, florida
Destination Expert
for Sarasota
10. Re: Arriving on the 4th of July

We did the 600' elevation thing for the fireworks last night. It was fun, and very crowded! The pull-off area was packed with cars and people. We could see all the way down the coast, and saw many fireworks displays. Thanks for the tip!