We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beer on the beach

Which Cannon Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
B.C.
Beer on the beach

Are you allowed to drink beer on the beach?

Eugene, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Eugene, Springfield
reviews: 128
1. Re: Beer on the beach

Generally, yes....although there may be occasional city sponsored concerts where it's not allowed. In fact, the Pelican Pub at Cape Kiwanda is right on the beach! Did you have a specific beach in mind? Obviously, too much alcohol anywhere could get you in trouble.

B.C.
2. Re: Beer on the beach

Cannon Beach

Florence, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Oregon Coast
reviews: 15
3. Re: Beer on the beach

Alcohol possession/consumption is allowed on the Ocean Shores Recreation Area. The only exception would be if a municipality petitioned the Oregon Parks and Recreation Commission for a "special rule" to prohibit it. While I have not researched this lately, I am not aware of any existing special rules.

If you want to be 100% certain, either contact the Cannon Beach City Hall or search "beach rules" here:

http://www.oregon.gov/oprd/Pages/index.aspx

Maple Valley...
reviews: 4
4. Re: Beer on the beach

We were told by our hotel that you could drink on the beach in Cannon Beach. In fact we have had beer and wine (in glass bottles) on the beach several times and have not had a problem.

Florence, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Oregon Coast
reviews: 15
5. Re: Beer on the beach

I believe your hotel to be correct vegasjc, but it never hurts to be absolutely certain.

idaho
Destination Expert
for Sun Valley, Ketchum, Beach Vacations, Idaho
reviews: 310
6. Re: Beer on the beach

and be cool about it. must admit, have had a few adult beverages in my life, sitting on the beach. mind your own business, enjoy a good beer or wine.

7. Re: Beer on the beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, June 28, 2014