We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First week of September in Bend...already counting the days

Which Bend hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
seattle
First week of September in Bend...already counting the days

Just curious....what kind of weather can a fella generally expect Labor Day week in Bend??

Oregon/Washington
Destination Expert
for Portland, Sunriver
reviews: 70
1. Re: First week of September in Bend...already counting the days

Nice and warm/hot during the day and the nights cooling off significantly. Enjoy, that is a fantastic time to visit that area!

seattle
2. Re: First week of September in Bend...already counting the days

Thanks! What are your top 3 not to miss restaurants??

Oregon/Washington
Destination Expert
for Portland, Sunriver
reviews: 70
3. Re: First week of September in Bend...already counting the days

I can't help too much with restaurants since our thing is outdoor activities, not dining. That said, the new brewhhouse at Sunriver is really good!!!

Bend, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Bend
reviews: 21
4. Re: First week of September in Bend...already counting the days

Yes - expect nice weather during the day, cooling off at night. It's not unusual to see people wearing shorts & sandals with a puffy jacket in the evenings.

My three recommendations are Zydeco (downtown), Worthy Brewing (east side), Brother Jon's (downtown or west side), and Crux (old mill-ish). I could go on and on about food though - those are just the first four that pop into my mind.

For breakfast try the Victorian Cafe (west side) or Rockin Dave's (east side).

Bend, Oregon
reviews: 3
5. Re: First week of September in Bend...already counting the days

Bend has a ton of good restaurants. What kind of food do you like, Chucky? For upscale, you might take a look at Ariana's and Jackalope. Trattoria Sbandati has wonderful Italian food (gnocchi is amazing). Five Fusion has great sushi. My favorite for breakfast is McKay Cottage.

seattle
6. Re: First week of September in Bend...already counting the days

Wow!! Thanks for the responses..you guys rock. We will be playing hard outside during the day then hit the town for a casual dinner in the PM....Will be checking out all your recommendations. Thanks again : )

Bend, Oregon
reviews: 85
7. Re: First week of September in Bend...already counting the days

Casual best bets: Brother Jon's (either location), Hideaway Tavern or just about any brew pub (we like Deschutes - the most spendy - Cascade Lakes or 10 Barrel.)

Vestal, New York
Destination Expert
for Auburn, Finger Lakes
reviews: 142
8. Re: First week of September in Bend...already counting the days

I really enjoyed dining at Barrio (downtown) the last time I was in Bend.

Bend, Oregon
reviews: 327
9. Re: First week of September in Bend...already counting the days

These are all great suggestions for food. September is a little cooler in Bend, usually in the 70s during the day, but 40s at night, may even freeze. So bring a sweatshirt and light jacket. the #1 restaurant on trip advisor is a great breakfast place, not to be missed McKay Cottage!

Bend, Oregon
reviews: 38
10. Re: First week of September in Bend...already counting the days

Chucky24,

The top three restaurants totally depends on what kind of food atmosphere you are after. First of all, don't go to any chain restaurants while in town, we have many local great places.

- nice dinner- Zydeco (American), Noi (Thai), 900 Wall, Jackson's Corner (American) each place ave $15-20, Jackson's a little less and prob best in town.

- pub (not brewery) - Brother Jon's, get the Jack Sparrow with an RPM from Boneyard Brewery.

- Brewery - Worthy ( the menu is non- pub style & healthier), Crux ( great views/ good food)

- Best Happy Hour - Greg's Grill (Old Mill), 900 Wall (Downtown), Noi (Downtown)

If I could go to only one ---- Jackson's Corner!

Enjoy and have a great time.