We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

old motor lodges, Bend Oregon

Which Bend hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Eureka, California
old motor lodges, Bend Oregon

We're visiting Bend the last weekend of August. I'm looking for suggestions for reasonably priced old motor lodges (1950-1960) with a good bed and ambiance. Any suggestions?

Also, any special festivals or events this time of year?

McMinnville, Oregon
reviews: 16
1. Re: old motor lodges, Bend Oregon

There will be a lot of extra people in for your time frame...

August 30 – September 4, 2010! THE PACIFIC AMATEUR GOLF CLASSIC

August 16 – 22, 2010 JELD-WEN Tradition Pro-Am

Rooms maybe hard to get if you have no reservation yet.

Portland, Oregon
reviews: 13
2. Re: old motor lodges, Bend Oregon

Seems like there was an old 1950's type motor lodge at the south end of town on the old Hwy 97, but for the life of me cant remember what it was called. Someting like The Pines. It was on the west side of the road and there were lots of ponderosa trees around- maybe our Bend expert will remember.

Bend, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Bend
reviews: 21
3. Re: old motor lodges, Bend Oregon

Maybe the Tom Tom Motor Inn? That's at the North end of town. Others that come to mind are the Westward Ho and the Sonoma Lodge. I've never stayed at any of them, and don't know anyone that has... so sorry I can't help with that part of the question!

The Little Woody beer festival is 9/3-4 (first part of Labor Day weekend). Not sure if there are any other events planned for the coming weeks. The site hackbend.com usually posts a good summary of weekend happenings each Thursday or Friday. "The Source" (tsweekly.com) also posts a list of their "picks" each Thursday - both online and in their printed paper (free).

4. Re: old motor lodges, Bend Oregon

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:20 am, February 20, 2011