We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bricktown Nightlife

Which Oklahoma City hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Tonkawa, Oklahoma...
Bricktown Nightlife

What are some good lounges for an after a Redhawks game adult beverage for a late 50's couple? We've seen some of the bars near the ballpark and they look interesting (Purple Bar and Skyybar). Kind-of looking for good martinis, slow music, and room to dance. Anything like that close to the ballpark or hotels?

Oklahoma City...
reviews: 30
1. Re: Bricktown Nightlife

If Maker's is still open in Bricktown that could be a nice choice. Jazz band, cigar bar (so beware of that), but a fun place. Purple Bar would be far more enjoyable for you than Skyybar. There's a place I haven't been to yet, but it's right on the canal and it's called Norm's Dockside Bar. If you venture out of downtown/bricktown area, there's a lounge called Junior's that isn't far from downtown that usually has live music and space to dance, even if it's around people sitting in chairs (another cigar bar though). A lot of this will depend on if you're coming on a weekend or weekday. After 10 during the week (even after Thunder games), downtown basically shuts down save a couple of bars (Wormy Dog, TapWerks - neither really fit your criteria). Weekends are a bit different and you can just go up and down Sheridan and the canal and have a TON of options. Mojo's Blues Bar (never been but based on a description I read could work for you: 1 E. California Ave.

Live music indoors & outdoors under the stars every weekend. Relax and enjoy Great BBQ, fun, food, drinks and games!)

Oklahoma City
reviews: 52
2. Re: Bricktown Nightlife

Makers is not open anymore. One place you might try is Capt. Norms on the canal. Just a block from the ballpark and in my opinion, the most enjoyable bar in Bricktown. It's an ALL outdoor bar with a tiki bar theme. They make great drinks and offer cigars as well if you're into that. At night they do have some live music.

Oklahoma City...
reviews: 30
3. Re: Bricktown Nightlife

I didn't think Maker's was open anymore but I thought they were going to reopen it, so thanks for the clarification. I rarely go out downtown so I had to google some stuff ;-)

And I have been to Norm's once and it was a nice evening for sure!

Edmond, Oklahoma
reviews: 69
4. Re: Bricktown Nightlife

Can second the recommendation of Capt. Norm's. I found it fun. Would definitely suggest NOT going to Skyy Bar. By far the worst bar/club I've ever been to and that is saying alot. Totally pretentious and just an overall bad value.

5. Re: Bricktown Nightlife

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, July 21, 2014