We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

alone in bricktown, what to do

Which Oklahoma City hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Haughton, Louisiana
reviews: 9
alone in bricktown, what to do

My husband goes to Oklahoma several times a year for work. He has some air miles that need to be used before he loses them. So, I am thinking of going with him on his next trip, which is in August. Then another one in November.

He stays at the Hampton Inn in Bricktown. If I go I will not have a vehicle during the day. So, What would there be for me to do during the day? I don't mind doing some stuff alone as long as its safe. I also don't mind walking a little. Thanks so much for y'alls help!!

If you could choose to go in August or November, which month would you choose?

Oklahoma City, OK
Destination Expert
for Oklahoma City
reviews: 95
1. Re: alone in bricktown, what to do

August will pribably be extremely hot - usually around 100+ but low humidity (usually)

November could be nice, or cold, or wet. It varies quite a bit. If you don't mind the heat, do August.

Within easy walking distance of the Hampton is the Myriad Gardens and botanical tube. The Oklahoma City Museum of Art. And The Oklahoma City Bombing Memorial.

www.okcmoa.com

www.oklahomacitynationalmemorial.org

www.myriadgardens.org

All highly recommended.

Edited: 7:44 pm, June 17, 2013
Haughton, Louisiana
2. Re: alone in bricktown, what to do

thanks so much! I will check these places out. I am from Louisiana so I know about heat! Doesn't mean I like it though. lol

Oklahoma City
reviews: 55
3. Re: alone in bricktown, what to do

Maybe try the water taxi as well. you get to ride along the canal and see quite a bit of Bricktown. It's relaxing, enjoyable and informative about OKC. http://www.bricktownwatertaxi.com/

Oklahoma City, OK
Destination Expert
for Oklahoma City
4. Re: alone in bricktown, what to do

Great suggestion. I always seem to forget the water taxi unless I'm asked about it.

And with the all day hop-on/hop-off pass it can be used to move around Bricktown.

The ticket booth is across from the ballpark.

www.bricktownwatertaxi.com

Speaking of the ballpark, if you like baseball and the Redhawks are in town you could take in a game.

www.milb.com/schedule/index.jsp…

Haughton, Louisiana
5. Re: alone in bricktown, what to do

Thanks everyone! I don't dislike baseball.....lol But, its not something I would go do a lone.

Oklahoma City...
reviews: 29
6. Re: alone in bricktown, what to do

There are tons of things to do and see in bricktown on foot. There is the Bricktown Canal ride which is quite entertaining. I would also suggest taking in some of the architecture in some of the downtown area. The Oklahoma City memorial is in walking distance, and I would also suggest exploring the underground tunnels that run between the highrises. There are shops, art, restaurants, etc.. and a nice place to beat the heat for a while. The Bricktown ballpark is the nicest AAA ballpark in the country and is very close to the hampton. If you have a little sense of adventure you are sure to stay entertained.

Oklahoma City...
reviews: 29
7. Re: alone in bricktown, what to do

I would also recommend a trip to the OKC Zoo, it is one of the nicest in the country, and has tons to offer. It is a short Taxi Ride from downtown.

Oklahoma City, OK
Destination Expert
for Oklahoma City
8. Re: alone in bricktown, what to do

While I agree we have a great zoo, I'm not sure the best way to get around in OKC is by taxi.

Without any tip taxi fare from downtown to the zoo is about $32 round trip. And that assumes the driver actually takes the shortest route and doesn't hit any heavy traffic causing long stops.

Add in zoo admission and it would be a pretty expensive day at the zoo!

;)

Edited: 6:11 pm, June 20, 2013
Oklahoma City...
9. Re: alone in bricktown, what to do

Catch the free trolley. It will take to to most of the main attractions!

gometro.org/Websites/gometro/images/Route%20…

Haughton, Louisiana
10. Re: alone in bricktown, what to do

Thanks again y'all!! We love zoo's! Maybe we can stay a extra day and both go to the zoo.