We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ideas for Wedding Rehearsal Dinner near Lake Hefner

Which Oklahoma City hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
NE Arkansas
reviews: 24
Ideas for Wedding Rehearsal Dinner near Lake Hefner

I'm a single mom needing a nice restaurant but reasonably priced, for my son and his fiancé's rehearsal dinner. Their wedding will be at Walnut Creek Wedding Chapel at 7840 NW 122nd St. I'm not too familiar with OKC but looking at the map, I thought something on or near Lake Hefner would be a nice setting. The date is end of March 2013. I am thinking we would have approximately 40 guests. Thanks, in advance, for any suggestions.

Yukon, Ok
reviews: 31
1. Re: Ideas for Wedding Rehearsal Dinner near Lake Hefner

I'll suggest Hefner Grill, great for rehearsal dinners. I have been to 2 there and enjoyed both very much

hefnergrill.com

Oklahoma City...
2. Re: Ideas for Wedding Rehearsal Dinner near Lake Hefner

The Hefner Grill is indeed a nice facility. However, Oklahoma is experiencing a severe drought and the water level at Lake Hefner has been reduced significantly. From the deck of the Hefner Grill or any other vantage point around Lake Hefner, you see an extensive amount of red dirt. That needs to be kept in mind if you're wanting photos with a lake in the near background.

I hope by the time March 2013 rolls around the water levels will be up, but that's definitely something I'd take into consideration.

Yukon, Ok
3. Re: Ideas for Wedding Rehearsal Dinner near Lake Hefner

Good point OkieChowder, lets hope the levels are up by then or else we will have a bad summer

NE Arkansas
reviews: 24
4. Re: Ideas for Wedding Rehearsal Dinner near Lake Hefner

Thank you for those thoughts. I talked to Hefner Grill today, as well as Redrock Canyon Grill. Redrock is substantially more expensive, so I was leaning toward Hefner. If there are any other suggestions out there, I'd love to hear them. They don't have to be on the lake but in that general vacinity.

Yukon, Ok
5. Re: Ideas for Wedding Rehearsal Dinner near Lake Hefner

There is a new restaurant at 63rd & Meridian, about 1 mile south of the lake. It's a Mediterranean buffet but it is the freshest buffet around and they have a nice private room. The food is excellent and the staff is great. They are new and I have never done a group dinner there but my wifes office had them cater and everyone loved it.

capersdiner.com

Like I said they are new but they are getting great reviews on rbanspoon

6. Re: Ideas for Wedding Rehearsal Dinner near Lake Hefner

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 am, November 25, 2013