We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

country dancing/country bars in Oklahoma City

Which Oklahoma City hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
San Diego...
reviews: 35
country dancing/country bars in Oklahoma City

Hi all, I'm taking my best friend on a trip to Oklahoma City, Memphis and Nashville for her 40th birthday. It's a surprise. She LOVES country music and country dancing. One of the reasons I chose Oklahoma City is because I know there are many country bars. Where would you recommend we go where there is a good crowd and it will be fun? We are coming at the end of June, beginning of July...a few suggestions on good country music dance clubs would be great! thank you!!!! -Mona

Thousand Oaks...
Destination Expert
for Israel
reviews: 13
1. Re: country dancing/country bars in Oklahoma City

When I was there last June we ended up at Toby Keith's " I Love This Bar & Grill". Great atmosphere, with decent food (the fried baloney sandwich is a specialty.....and it was good ) and good music. It occasionally has live music with dancing.

It's in the Bricktown area.

Dr. Z

Edited: 12:13 am, April 07, 2012
San Diego...
2. Re: country dancing/country bars in Oklahoma City

thanks so much Dr. Z, I read about that place, sounds fun, I appreciate you replying to my message! Have a great day! -Mona

oklahoma city
reviews: 48
3. Re: country dancing/country bars in Oklahoma City

Glad you chose OKC for your trip - hope you love it!!

You should check out Wormy Dog Saloon, also in Bricktown.

You should definitely stay in the bricktown or downtown OKC area. Depending on your budget the Colcord or the Skirvin are both uniquely OKC.

Club Rodeo used to have live bull riding (in the dance club). You might look into it - definitely a unique experience.

You might also see what bands will be playing at the Zoo Amphitheatre during your stay. They host a lot of red dirt bands and it's a great outdoor venue for concerts.

San Diego...
4. Re: country dancing/country bars in Oklahoma City

thank you so much for posting another reply, the more info. I have the better! We are staying at the Skirvin so I'm glad you suggested it. I also did some research and found Club Rodeo, we are definitel going to go there (so great they have indoor bull riding "live", ha!)...I also read about Graham's country dancing, do you know anything about that? We were going to eat at the Ranch Steakhouse, but one of the girls at the Skirvin said we should go to Cattleman's...have you been? This trip is going to be so much fun, we are actually going to head to Memphis from OKC! YAY! thanks again for your input!

Oklahoma City, OK
Destination Expert
for Oklahoma City
reviews: 96
5. Re: country dancing/country bars in Oklahoma City

Cattleman's is a good basic steakhouse. Nothing fancy, not overly expensive and tasty. the Ranch is more fine dining - and they have excellent steaks.

I haven't been to Grahams in years, but the last time I was there it was a lot of fun. However, hold out for someone that's been recently - places can change.

San Diego...
6. Re: country dancing/country bars in Oklahoma City

thanks for your input...yes, I think we'll go to the Ranch Steakhouse for dinner and then Cattleman's on Sunday for breakfast, that way we can say we've been to Cattleman's:)

As for Graham's, we will ask some of the locals when we get there...thanks again!

Oklahoma City, OK
Destination Expert
for Oklahoma City
7. Re: country dancing/country bars in Oklahoma City

Did a little research and this is what I found on Graham's:

www.yelp.com/biz/grahams-club-oklahoma-city

…yahoo.com/info-18457231-graham-s-oklahoma-c…

…citysearch.com/profile/…graham_s.html

Overall, sounds pretty much like I remember the times I was in there. And I mean ALL of the reviews appear accurate - good and bad. It all depends on what you like and don't like and who you are with.

Good luck!

San Diego...
8. Re: country dancing/country bars in Oklahoma City

thanks again, just read the reviews on the links you sent me, I think we will have to stop in and check it out, it will be a part of our adventure country western vacation:)

Oklahoma City, OK
Destination Expert
for Oklahoma City
9. Re: country dancing/country bars in Oklahoma City

Glad I could help. Hopefully if anyone else reading this has an opinion they will post.

Have a great time!

Oklahoma City...
10. Re: country dancing/country bars in Oklahoma City

You need to find a good old honky tonkin, belly rubbin, two steppin beer joint here in OKC that has some down home live music. I'll see what I can find for you and hopefully you and your friend will have a great time here in OKC.