We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Broken Arrow street signs

Which Broken Arrow hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Broken Arrow...
reviews: 2
Broken Arrow street signs

Why did BA have to change the names of the same streets the run from Tulsa? Example - 71st street South in Tulsa becomes Kenosha when it hits BA, etc. The city did finally put on street signs, i.e. Kenosha and as almost a parenthesis, 71st street right below the Kenosha name. That's just on the major streets, on the minor streets, good luck trying to figure it out. So why not change all of the street signs to the Tulsa names? Inquiring minds want to know.

Hello? Is anyone out there? Does anyone even read this forum? Can I be the Destination Expert? I can think of no higher honor than being the Destination Expert for a forum that no one posts on.

Plano, Texas
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
reviews: 7
1. Re: Broken Arrow street signs

DON'T GET ME STARTED !!!!! I lived in BA while I was a teen - I no longer do but get several occasions a year to come visit since my grown son lives there. My husband and I are always getting lost and he looks at me like I should know !!!! Heck I forgot those dang confusing signs about 10 minutes after I moved !!!!

Gravenhurst, Canada
reviews: 1
2. Re: Broken Arrow street signs

I'm considering visiting Broken Arrow in the near future.

Is it a beautiful city?

Are there lots of beautiful single women in Broken Arrow?

Are there any facilities where I can swim with dolphins in BA or close by?

How difficult is it to get Canadian beer in Oklahoma?

Thanks!

John from Ontario Canada

Broken Arrow...
reviews: 2
3. Re: Broken Arrow street signs

How funny, two replies!

TXGal, it is confusing with the signs, but the city has said that they'd be willing to add the Tulsa street names to all of the BA names but it would be too expensive. With all the tax revenue the city gets from Bass Pro, new WalMart and Target super centers and restaurants (most recently Hide Away Pizza, yum)going in you'd think they could afford the change.

Yes, John, BA is beautiful and definitely worth it to travel from Canada to see. There are plenty of good looking single women here but I think they charge Canadians for their company. There's also plenty of Molson and even Sol (imports) to drink. Sorry to disappoint you but there's no Swim With Dolphin attractions here, but only because we have no saltwater. However, nearby Lake Keystone has a Swim With Water Moccasins attraction that I understand can be really lively!

I have officially applied with TA to be the Destination Expert for this forum.

oklahoma
reviews: 8
4. Re: Broken Arrow street signs

I was born in Broken Arrow, now live north. I work in BA and still get confused about the streets. The other towns/cities around Tulsa continued with the street names, Owasso, Bixby, Jenks etc... It does not make sense......

Broken Arrow...
5. Re: Broken Arrow street signs

Hobie,

I grew up in BA and still get messed up with the street names. The wife and I were just discussing this very subject a few days ago because BA even has the media changing the names. They had a story on the news stating that they were resurfacing Aspen between Washington and Kenosh and we both had to stop and figure out were it was and we live at 91st and 145th!

Dennis

Plano, Texas
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
reviews: 7
6. Re: Broken Arrow street signs

Carden - BA is definetly worth the trip ! No SWD but my son lives there and goes to lake Keystone so you can swim with a 6'2" pencil thin white kid and I won't even charge you half of what you would pay in Coz for SWD - we can even convince him to do tricks for a taste of that canadian beer! You'd also want to drink alot of it to be with some of the women there - that is since I moved I here it's gone really down hill - all the good women are taken !

7. Re: Broken Arrow street signs

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, December 31, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Broken Arrow
Recent Conversations