We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Are there any public beaches near Kalahari?

Which Sandusky hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Pittsburgh, PA
Are there any public beaches near Kalahari?

We're trying to plan a trip to Kalahari next month. We were wondering if there are any nice public beaches nearby. We've heard that the hotels that do have beaches allow only their guests to use them, so any help would be appreciated. Thanks! : )

Central Ohio
Destination Expert
for Negril, Port Antonio
reviews: 53
1. Re: Are there any public beaches near Kalahari?

Nickel Plate Beach in Huron is just about 10 minutes away, and is one of the cleanest, nicest lake beaches I have seen. Shout if you need directions, you will need to drive.

I think the Sandusky/Cedar Point beach is public but i'm not sure...they rent jetskis and do parasailing so you'd think the public would be able to get on the beach there somehow.

Cincinnati, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Ohio, Sandusky
reviews: 65
2. Re: Are there any public beaches near Kalahari?

ditto nickleplate. it's nice, but you do have to pay for parking. same thing with the Cedar Point beach. you'll have to pay the $9 for parking, but then drive around to the back or the park and park by magnum and soak city and gemini... before you get to the hotel parking booth. then just walk towards the Breakers hotels.

KY
3. Re: Are there any public beaches near Kalahari?

We just got back from Cedar Point about little over a week ago. It was our first trip there but sure won't be our last. We had a Great Time and been telling everyone they should go there too. We can't stop talking about it.

Anyway, about the public beach, we didn't stay at a Cedar Point hotel (stayed at the Clarion Inn - which was nice). We wanted to go to the beach. We paid to park and my husband told the people directing traffic we wanted to go the Beach. The guy told us it was not a public beach. I knew by visiting the forums, and "Irish Lake" that you can get to the beach by parking towards Soak City and Breakers hotel. You will pass the Marina and Dave's barbeque place. You will need to park in the Soak City parking lot. You will have to walk past Soak city to get towards the Beach. We didn't have any problems and were able to get into the Beach and had a great time. We went to Cedar point for a half day admission afterwards.

Thanks Irish Lake for the info. Our kids and us had a great time.

4. Re: Are there any public beaches near Kalahari?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:18 am, August 15, 2009