We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

cedar point - if food expensive?

Which Sandusky hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Windsor, Canada
cedar point - if food expensive?

I was told that a "glass" of pop is $10. and a meal is super expensive.

Is this true?

thanks.

14 replies to this topic
Windsor, Canada
1. Re: cedar point - if food expensive?

Dang tablet. It should, of course, say, "is food expensive"?

Cleveland, Ohio
reviews: 4
2. Re: cedar point - if food expensive?

Yes, food is expensive (and generally not very good) - but there are deals to be had.

A souvenir drink bottle (32 oz?) is $12.99 ($9.99 online), with free refills the day of purchase. There are hot dog/brat carts with meals (dog, chips, drink) for $7 - $8, and an all you can eat buffet for $17.99. There are also several sit down restaurants right outside the gate at the marina and inside Breakers hotel for a decent meal.

Just stay away from Subway inside the park - $14 for a footlong Cold Cut Combo!

St. Catharines...
reviews: 9
3. Re: cedar point - if food expensive?

We went last week and had an early dinner at Johnny Rockets. About $6-10 for a burger, but they're HUGE. I couldn't even finish mine... and i ALWAYS finish my meals! This does not include fries or a milkshake in the price. But you get what you pay for. A double burger with bacon, fries and a chocolate milkshake cost me $20. Not cheap, but delicious and fills you up for a whole day of rides. Plus it's a sit down restaurant, so you get to take it easy for a bit instead of eating a hot dog while walking around

Louisville, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Ohio, Garden City Beach, Surfside Beach
reviews: 127
4. Re: cedar point - if food expensive?

We often visit Famous Dave's BBQ in the marina. It is a chain, but it's usually good food.

http://www.famousdaves.com/

Sandusky, OH
reviews: 37
5. Re: cedar point - if food expensive?

My vote is Famous Daves.

Honolulu, Hawaii
reviews: 14
6. Re: cedar point - if food expensive?

We just got back, and I actually vote for Game Day Grill. We ate there twice, and the food is good and portions are giant. The nachos would feed a family of four -- like really, your whole meal! And there is beer there. :)

reviews: 68
7. Re: cedar point - if food expensive?

i pack food, eat it in the picnic area or car.

i suggest you take in a bottle of water, then refill the bottle at drinking fountains throughout the day. save yourself almost $5 per bottle.

there are drinking fountains near many of the restrooms, so you can access water and stay hydrated - critical in the hot sun.

a beer is $8. if you get one, get it from the saloon near the maverick. its indoors, air-conditioned, and you can take it to go. gets you 5 minutes out of the shade while getting it, and the maverick line gives you plenty of time to drink it.

Louisville, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Ohio, Garden City Beach, Surfside Beach
reviews: 127
8. Re: cedar point - if food expensive?

Cups of water are free, you just have to ask for a cup of water...

Detroit, Michigan
reviews: 116
9. Re: cedar point - if food expensive?

Can anyone tell me what the cost of a regular drink is? We can get tickets from AAA and for $5.00 extra, we would get unlimited coke products all day. Apparently we would receive a wrist band when we get to the gate. Since I will probably only drink 2-3 diet cokes in the day, I'm just wondering if the $5 is worth it.

reviews: 68
10. Re: cedar point - if food expensive?

about $5 per beverage for a 20oz. they do refillable containers that may net out less as you drink more.

for $5 for all you can drink, if you drink more than 20oz, i think you will be to the good.

Reply to: cedar point - if food expensive?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted