We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wrist Bands for drinks at Cedar Point

Which Sandusky hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Louisville, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Ohio, Garden City Beach, Surfside Beach
reviews: 128
Wrist Bands for drinks at Cedar Point

I remember several years ago around 2001, Cedar Point offered a wrist band for ~$15 that provided you with unlimited small fountain drinks "for free" inside the park. I did have season passes several times, so it may have been a special offer to season pass holders.

I am wondering if anyone else remembers this and does anyone know why it is not offered any more? (Or is it still offered and I just don't know about it?)

Thanks, Mike

24 replies to this topic
Sandusky, OH
Destination Expert
for Sandusky
reviews: 38
1. Re: Wrist Bands for drinks at Cedar Point

This would be a good question on www.pointbuzz.com. They would know.

Ohio
reviews: 61
2. Re: Wrist Bands for drinks at Cedar Point

I remember those - it was once with a group so like your season pass bonus, it could have been a group special as well. I didn't see any, nor did I see it offered anywhere in the park.People were wearing red and blue wristbands, but those were for the two levels of the Fast Lane pass.

Instead, they have refillable souvenir cups. One is $12.99, two are $11.99 each, or three or more for $9.99 each. Not sure if they will charge tax, since we've never purchased them, but have discovered that Cedar Point is now charging tax on their food at the stands, making the prices more expensive than they appear.

Every coaster we rode had bins for cups, sunglasses, backpacks, etc. Bring something to mark your cup if you are taking it with you on rides. The Maverick won't let you hold anything on your person while riding and will only let you wear glasses if they are secured with a strap. (They sell them at the gift shops, two years ago my strap was surprisingly only $1.99 - they could be more now)

Also, the only ride that we went on that won't let you take the cups or anything in line is the Top Thrill Dragster. Possibly the Millenium. Both have a ton of lockers that you have to pay for (unsure of price, a few years ago it was $5) to stow your stuff. Hubby sat on his hat and I sat on my wristlet so we never had to use lockers.

Small cups (about 6 oz?) of water are FREE and available at any stand. Ask for two at a time, or you can get refills.

Louisville, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Ohio, Garden City Beach, Surfside Beach
reviews: 128
3. Re: Wrist Bands for drinks at Cedar Point

In recent trips, I have always just done the small cups of water or purchased a small drink...

I hate carrying a large cup around all day which is why I loved the wristband...

I wish more parks were like Holiday World... Free Drinks throughout the park!!!

Ohio
4. Re: Wrist Bands for drinks at Cedar Point

I agree!!! I loved the wristbands, and hate carrying around stuff as well! That's why we've never purchased one of those. We're fine with water, too. Never been to Holiday World, but from your post about the drinks, I wish more parks were like them as well.

Amherst, New York
reviews: 11
5. Re: Wrist Bands for drinks at Cedar Point

Can you post a picture of the cup for 2013. Going to park in July. Want to see how big it is

Amherst, New York
6. Re: Wrist Bands for drinks at Cedar Point

Can you post a picture or cup I want to see how big it is. Going in July. Want to no if awkward carrying all day

Amherst, New York
7. Re: Wrist Bands for drinks at Cedar Point

Can you post a picture or cup I want to see how big it is. Going in July. Want to no if awkward carrying all day

Ohio
8. Re: Wrist Bands for drinks at Cedar Point

Sorry, we went a few days ago and did not take a photo of the cups.

Defiance, OH
reviews: 31
9. Re: Wrist Bands for drinks at Cedar Point

There is a picture on the website, its a gatekeeper souvenir cup:

https:/…2013-souvenir-bottle

Defiance, OH
reviews: 31
10. Re: Wrist Bands for drinks at Cedar Point

The last few times we went they used to have kid size snoopy cups you could refill and I would buy those and refill them for free. I hope they still have them.

Reply to: Wrist Bands for drinks at Cedar Point
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted