We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cart Remta;

Which Put in Bay hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Cleveland, Ohio
reviews: 1
Cart Remta;

What is the name of the cart rental directly across from the Miller Ferry on Put-in-bay?? We have used it before, but cannot find it on the PIB web site.

Troy, MI
Destination Expert
for Put in Bay
reviews: 47
1. Re: Cart Remta;

Recommendation: Take a taxi or the bus downtown. The golf cart rentals that are right there at the dock are usually $20-$25 more than the cart rental locations downtown (because you are a captive audience stuck at the dock).

Port Clinton, Ohio
2. Re: Cart Remta;

Sorry, MGoBlueBoy, but that is simply not true. Here is the information you are looking for:

Island Bike and Cart Rental. 419.285.2016

Rates: 2-seater $11/hour or $60/day, 4-seater $13/hour or $70/day, 6-seater $17/hour or $80/day. Add $10 for day rate on the weekends.

You will find that most all of the golf cart companies on the island will have around the same rates, maybe varying a dollar or two. There are $5 off all day cart rentals available in the Put-in-Bay visitor's guide, if you want to pick one up on your way. Enjoy your trip.

Troy, MI
Destination Expert
for Put in Bay
3. Re: Cart Remta;

It is unfortunate that an apparent "official"-looking entity is providing false information to the public. Here are the actual FACTS...

The cart rentals downtown are AT LEAST $20 per day cheaper, depending where you go. The cart rentals at the ferry landing ARE more expensive. I was there every weekend this summer. I saw it with my own eyes, in person, in the flesh. And if you still insist on calling me a liar, and you want actual FACTS, check out the respective websites for examples...

Island Bike & Cart Rental (at the ferry dock): perryscave.com/public/…prices.cfm

4-passenger - $13.00/hr - $70.00/$80.00 daily (wkday/wkend)

Delaware Cart Rental (downtown)

https:/…prices

4 Person golf carts $12.00 per hour $50 per day (wkday)

4 Person golf carts $12.00 per hour $60 per day (wkend)

How can you possibly try and debate this??? I always thought I was pretty good at math, but let me check... $70 vs $50... that sounds roughly about $20 difference to me...

Port Clinton, Ohio
4. Re: Cart Remta;

According to the websites, you are absolutely correct MGoBlueBoy. We stand corrected. We hope you had a great visit at Put-in-Bay.

Cleveland, Ohio
reviews: 5
5. Re: Cart Remta;

Of course you can't argue the direct prices ... but just to play Devil's Advocate, is it really that great of a savings in the end?

If a group of four takes a cab or bus downtown (at $3 pp) to save $20 on a cart, that equals out to $24 round trip. Making the downtown cart $4 MORE all in.

If only one person goes downtown, picks up the cart, comes back to the dock to pick everyone else up, and repeats at the end of the day - is the extra time and inconvenience worth the $14 saved?

None of this even considers the $5+ coupons that are readily available, or that a 6 person cart is only a $10 difference.

At the end of the day, it comes down to personal preference. Potential money saved vs convenience is pretty much the same debate that always occurs on here about Miller Ferry vs Jet Express.

Troy, MI
Destination Expert
for Put in Bay
6. Re: Cart Remta;

That is a very valid point! It comes down to choice. Both of the above referenced locations have coupons on their sites (and in the various guides and whatnot). And it was not even mentioned, but the ones downtown are gas (which last all day long at the same speed), and the ones at the boat are electric (more of a green option, but they slow down later in the day as the battery wears out).

I prefer just catching a ride downtown and you can walk from bar to bar to restaurant to bar to pool to bar. Feet are great! LOL!

7. Re: Cart Remta;

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:17 pm, December 15, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Put in Bay