We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dockage this weekend...

Which Put in Bay hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Michigan
Dockage this weekend...

Any suggestions where to dock this late in the season? We've never been to PIB and don't really know what to expect. It can't possibly be crowded with us having to make a reservation for dockage, will it?! We have a 25' trauler...

Cleveland, Ohio
reviews: 4
1. Re: Dockage this weekend...

Sorry I missed your question in time for last weekend. Did you make it to the Bay? If so, the weather was great - how was the crowd this late in the year?

To your question, I'm sure you had no problem docking at A,B or C dock - especially since many slip boats are already pulled for the season. I doubt it was very crowded. Hopefully you got the discounted fall rates.

Michigan
2. Re: Dockage this weekend...

You're right...there was no problem docking. We got there around 1PM and the place was pretty empty. But by 5PM it came to life. We were glad we arrived early enough to visit the quaint museum and walk around the town before the party crowd arrived. The only bar we visited was the "candy bar" but we still had a wonderful time. I can only imagine how wild the place gets in the summer. I think we'll keep our visits to the fall season! BTW, coming into the island we saw a huge freighter built into the side of the land. Do you know anything about it? Was it actually a freighter someone restored...or did they have it built to look like a freighter? It was a delight to look at as we approached the island.

Cincinnati, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Ohio, Sandusky
reviews: 65
3. Re: Dockage this weekend...

The house you are asking about was indeed a real life freighter called the Benson Ford, and it was built by Henry Ford.... and it is available for rent. :-)

sea-fever.org/2007/…

www.vrbo.com/219370

Cleveland, Ohio
reviews: 4
4. Re: Dockage this weekend...

Good to hear you made it to the Bay and had a good time. The latest I've been up there was mid September - but it sounds like a nice fall weekend would be a good time to visit. Quieter and more laid back than the summer, but still enough going on to have a good time.

Plus, rates are cheaper to stay, and the docks aren't sold out by early Saturday afternoon.

Northwest Ohio
reviews: 2
5. Re: Dockage this weekend...

Our fave place, if you like Put-in-Bay dockage area on the 'quieter' side, is at Miller Marina. They are next to the Put-in-Bay Yacht Club, right in the harbor, with a walk of just a block to get to the town/village. They take reservations too.

6. Re: Dockage this weekend...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:24 am, October 27, 2012
Get answers to your questions about Put in Bay