We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Storing Stuff Safely or Taking Car Over.

Which Put in Bay hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Troy, OH
reviews: 14
Storing Stuff Safely or Taking Car Over.

The wife and I are visiting PIB this Sat. We hadn't planned to take our car over but we are wondering how we can safely store our items if we don't?

Do the golf carts have locked storage areas like the trunk of a car? What can you do with coolers, camera bags, items you buy on the island, ect. and not have them stolen while you're in one of the bars, ect.?

Cleveland, Ohio
reviews: 4
1. Re: Storing Stuff Safely or Taking Car Over.

I would have to assume you are just doing a day trip, otherwise you could just lock everything in your hotel room.

If you bring a car, you can only take the Miller Ferry, and must be in line by 4 pm (with a car) to make the return trip - making for a very short day.

There are lockers in the park for rent (probably 50 cents to a dollar) to put a change of clothes, souvenirs, etc. Unfortunately though, a cooler wouldn't fit.

My suggestion is to take the Jet Express for a day trip (unless you're planning on leaving the island by 8 pm), and get lunch or dinner from one of the many great restaurants!

Bellefontaine, Ohio
reviews: 1
2. Re: Storing Stuff Safely or Taking Car Over.

http://www.jet-express.com

The Jet Express has a large parking area that you can keep your car at, with a $10. all day stay. If you plan on staying more there is another parking for people who are staying longer but also only a $10. charge. The first 30 minutes are free but after 31 minutes it will cost $2.00 an hour. There is security in the parking area. You can see and read more on the above web site.

From what I understand there are lockers in the bathhouse at DeRivera Park hat you can use to store whatever you need to, just don't loose your key!!

I hope this helps...

Troy, OH
reviews: 14
3. Re: Storing Stuff Safely or Taking Car Over.

We want to leave the car on the mainland. The items we are concerned with are the ones we take over with us or buy on the island. Since we won't have a car or room to store our items in we are wondering if the golf carts have secure storeage areas?

Cleveland, Ohio
reviews: 4
4. Re: Storing Stuff Safely or Taking Car Over.

They are just your standard golf carts, most with a back seat. Your best bet is probably the lockers in the park for smaller items.

5. Re: Storing Stuff Safely or Taking Car Over.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, January 07, 2010
Get answers to your questions about Put in Bay