We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Campgrounds near Brookings, OR - 'best'

Which Oregon hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
San Diego...
reviews: 9
Campgrounds near Brookings, OR - 'best'

Next June my husband and I are camping along the Oregon Coast. I am having a hard time deciding which campground near Brookings would be the 'best' one for us? I know both state parks - Loeb and Harris - are supposed to be good campgrounds.

1) I understand June is often foggy along the coast, but that Loeb SP is often sunny since it is further inland. If it were a beautiful, sunny day I think we'd like to be near the fantastic rock formations near Harris SB. If it is foggy day (and week) on the Oregon Coast, we might like to get out of the fog by going to Loeb. We have only two days near Brookings. How likely is it to be foggy at Harris SP?

2) If we stay at Loeb SP, how long does it take to drive the 10 miles from Loeb to Brookings?

3) Are the Loeb campsites more widely spaced and private than Harris? I know from reading other forums the campsites at Harris vary a lot and are up on a hill, usually without ocean views.

4) Which campground is more quiet?

Cleveland, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Cleveland
reviews: 85
1. Re: Campgrounds near Brookings, OR - 'best'

Sorry, wrong state! You posted to the Oregon, OHIO board and not the Oregon state board.

2. Re: Campgrounds near Brookings, OR - 'best'

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, February 28, 2010
Get answers to your questions about Oregon
More Oregon Topics