We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Logan Fritters

Which Logan hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
key west
reviews: 2
Logan Fritters

Where are the BEST ones?

Memphis, TN
reviews: 26
1. Re: Logan Fritters

Rattlesnake fritters at the Snake bite cafe. :-)

Logan, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Logan
reviews: 97
2. Re: Logan Fritters

Snapping Turtle fritters, or a nice greasy pork tenderloin tastes about the same. :)

Key Colony Beach...
Destination Expert
for Florida Keys
reviews: 22
3. Re: Logan Fritters

I've heard if you find a sea shell many times you can reach in, grab a snake, throw it on the BBQ and make fritters out of them.

That my friends is the BEST way to do it.

Key West, Florida
reviews: 1
4. Re: Logan Fritters

Friters in Logan are axctually a primary product of the rare 'Snipe'. While a youngster, I as often taken out Snipe hunting. Unfortunately, the snipe were always faster than we were. I have fond memories of evenings that stretched late, while patiently holding the bag that the snipe would ultimately enter. The older 'brush beaters' would take us out to the most likely, lonely roads with bags in hand to get some of these delectable birds but again, no luck in the capture department regardless of the noisy attempts of the brush beaters. Several times in my earlier years, I remember the long walk back to the house with nothing but an empty burlap bag and the hope for a better outcome in the near future! Some day.... I'll get those darn snipe!

Cincinnati, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Sandusky
reviews: 65
5. Re: Logan Fritters

in Logan (and most other parts of ohio), the fritters are made of roadkill. opossum make the best, for the meat is gamey and greasey, but groundhog and raccoon run a close second and third choice. and this tiem of year, deer is the preferred ingredient as is it readily available along the sides of most roads.

Rolla, Missouri
reviews: 57
6. Re: Logan Fritters

seabus, no wonder you never got a snipe. (and they do make for good fritters). the method you used is absolutely ridiculous. everyone knows you have to slither thru the weeds until you are close enough to one to sprinkle salt on its tail. it calms them down and then they are easy picking. i will demonstrate someday.

wow, did you have it wrong. oh, if you are ever in rhinelander, wisconsin you may want to hunt for the elusive hodag. ugly creature. www.rhinelanderchamber.com/history2.htm.

Rolla, Missouri
reviews: 57
7. Re: Logan Fritters

slithering for snipe. that was the first time i ever wore a pith helmet.

8. Re: Logan Fritters

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, September 11, 2009