We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cradle Mountain Snow in July

Which Cradle Mountain-Lake St. Clair National Park hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Cradle Mountain Snow in July

I know that it is the coldest time of year but will there be snow at Cradle Mountain early July? Or is it one of those things where it might start snowing later or something?

I just want to try and pin point the exact days if I was to be there around the 12th of July. I am only there for a few days and I hope it snows. Is it definite that I will see snow? I am really excited since, I've only seen it once in my life.

Cradle...
Destination Expert
for Cradle Mountain-Lake St. Clair National Park
reviews: 167
1. Re: Cradle Mountain Snow in July

Hi Dominique,

Yes it snows in July, quite frequently, but to advise you when it will snow, not possible. I have been there one week, no snow, the following week to much snow.

There will more than likely be snow on the peak of Cradle Mt, other than that, can't help you.

If your travelling around Tasmania, other places like Mt Wellington, Ben Lomond and other areas of the Highlands all receive snow at some time, so there's a very good chance you'll at least see snow, I got my fingers crossed for you.

They're forecasting mountain snow for this Friday, so I would seeing snow in July's a good chance.

Safe travels - Robert

Tasmania
Destination Expert
for Hobart, Tasmania
reviews: 73
2. Re: Cradle Mountain Snow in July

Yes, but more specifically, Rob, what about Saturday 12th July???

Cradle...
Destination Expert
3. Re: Cradle Mountain Snow in July

Did I avoid the actual date, although I will predict on 12th July 2014 it will be cold at Cradle Mountain :o)

Edited: 12:44 am, April 16, 2014
Brisbane
reviews: 41
4. Re: Cradle Mountain Snow in July

Just saw some Cradle mountain photos from this morning, wow snow!!!!! Wish I was there.

Edited: 4:27 pm, April 16, 2014
Cradle...
Destination Expert
5. Re: Cradle Mountain Snow in July

Snow this morning, I see rain and low cloud?

6. Re: Cradle Mountain Snow in July

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:15 am, April 18, 2015