We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

8 day driving tour/second honeymoon around Tassie

Which Cradle Mountain-Lake St. Clair National Park hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
mackay
reviews: 15
8 day driving tour/second honeymoon around Tassie

Hi guys,

Read some great advice so thought I would ask a few qustions re our trip to celebrate wife's 50th birthday.

For my first visit to Tassie I did a 8 day cancer charity bike ride around in October (cold, wet, cold) but this time want to do in the comfort of a car and with wife for her first visit.

We are both very active and are hoping to do some excellent walks on our trip and we also like the luxuruies so want to return to fireplace and comforts each night.

A rough plan has me following my bike ride which was Hobart tup east coast and back across to Launceston then a few days Cradle Mountain and then maybe Strahan, Turraleah and then back to Hobart.

Basic advice is must do stops and tips re nice accom that has fireplace as being from NQ that is a unique experience for us.

Tasmania
Destination Expert
for Hobart, Tasmania
reviews: 73
1. Re: 8 day driving tour/second honeymoon around Tassie

Oops! You seem to have slipped through the cracks here on this forum, Scoop. :)

Yes, that sounds like a good basic plan. It will take a little over a week to complete that circle. The trip out to Strahan is a long one and you really need to allow an extra day there or else you'll just spend all your time driving.

Take a look at the Top Questions on the Tasmania, Hobart and Launceston forum pages for things to see and do. And start at the TQ titled Touring by Car.

It's rare to find a place in Tasmania that doesn't have heating. However, open fires are rare due to safety and housekeeping issues, and even wood heaters are rarish. I recall finding one at Lemonthyme Lodge near Cradle Mountain. Highlanders Cottages also has them in some of its cabins. Sometimes you'll find an open fire in public areas. The Lodge at Cradle Mountain has one in its bistro, for example.

Luigi

2. Re: 8 day driving tour/second honeymoon around Tassie

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, November 16, 2014