We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cradle Mountain

Which Cradle Mountain-Lake St. Clair National Park hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Hong Kong
Cradle Mountain

I am planning to go to Cradle Mountain from Launeston on 21 Nov 2011 and leave there to Hobart on 22 Nov 2011. I am looking for a tour as I can't drive. Do u know if there is any 2-day tour departing from launceston and finishing at Hobart? Thanks.

Tasmania
Destination Expert
for Hobart, Tasmania
reviews: 73
1. Re: Cradle Mountain

No there isn't. But Underdownunder does a three day tour that goes from launceston to Cradle and then to Hobart via the east coast: www.underdownunder.com.au/index.php…

The other option would be to do their one day tour of Cradle Mounatin from Launceston and back, but then catch the regular bus from Launceston to Hobart. http://www.tasredline.com.au/

Luigi

Hong Kong
2. Re: Cradle Mountain

Thank you very much for your information. Finally, I decided to book a one-day tour to the Cradle Mountain.

Btw, I am wondering whether there is any public transportation to town if my flight arrives at the Launceston Airport at 22:05. When is the last Airporter Shuttle Bus? Is it necessary to make an advance reservation? Thanks a lot.

Tasmania
Destination Expert
for Hobart, Tasmania
3. Re: Cradle Mountain

The shuttles stop at about 18 00. You'll need to catch a taxi, which is about $35.

Hong Kong
4. Re: Cradle Mountain

Thank you again, Luigi. I am planning to go to Hobart from Launceston on 22 Nov 2011 (Tue). But I have no luck to find a suitable scenic transfer via Ross. Do you have idea? Thanks.

Tasmania
Destination Expert
for Hobart, Tasmania
5. Re: Cradle Mountain

No I can't help with a tour, but Redline busses go through Ross. You'd have to spend three hours there walking around by yourself until the next bus. That isn't a problem as it's a small town and the convict bridge, Female Factory and wool centre are within easy walking distance. www.tasredline.com.au/pdf/mainroad2011.pdf

Hong Kong
6. Re: Cradle Mountain

Is it worth to spend 3 hours in Ross? is it too long?

if i take redline or tassielink, do i have to made advance ticket booking? or just buy ticket on bus? Thanks.

7. Re: Cradle Mountain

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:19 am, January 28, 2013