We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Yelapa to Sayulita by water taxi/bus

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Yelapa hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Vancouver, Canada
reviews: 1
Yelapa to Sayulita by water taxi/bus

Can anyone tell me the best route to get from Yelapa to Sayulita.

Do we have to water taxi to PV then bus to Sayulita or is there a bus from Boca de Tomatlan to Sayulita...

Any insight is appreciated!

Edmonton, Canada
reviews: 67
1. Re: Yelapa to Sayulita by water taxi/bus

Your definition of "best" may not be the same as mine.

I value simplicity. If it was me, I'd take the water taxi to Boca, and - simplicity here - hop on the first bus going toward PV. If it's going to Sayulita, wow, jackpot. If it's going to the bus station, that's second best. If it's just the local bus going to the south side and no farther, that's okay too; from the south side I'd hop a local bus to the bus station and continue from there.

Since Boca is on the coastal highway, there'll be an assortment of buses passing through, and you won't have to wait long if you're just grabbing the first one.

Vancouver, Canada
reviews: 1
2. Re: Yelapa to Sayulita by water taxi/bus

Our definitions of 'best' look like they match :)

Exactly the info I was looking for thank you!

San Francisco...
reviews: 71
3. Re: Yelapa to Sayulita by water taxi/bus

I love coming to Yelapa for a day, and this July, we stayed in Sayulita, and decided to explore Yelapa on our own. Here is what we did. Catch a bus to PV, and when another one to downtown. Same bus stop. We were not sure where to get off, so we got off when we saw the Chirch of Guadeloupe, it also made sence because PV tourist information office is next to in, and we wanted to get some info and maps. Its actually on that little sq next to the municipal building.

And we did see the chirch as well since we were there.

After that walk on the Malecon a couple of blocks, you will pass the bridge, and will see the pier under construction and bots and tons of vendors. They all husstled to get our money, and bring us to the boat driver, for more money than the actual price is. Remember not to pay more than 150 pecos, the ride is actually 120, and they just dont know if you are aware of it. Be firm. The first person who tried to sell us tickets said 300...( buy your tickets in the booth where it said Yelapa taxi, next to the pier.

Boatride is very pleasant! Especially on the hot day!

Dont buy tickets both ways, you can always pay on the boat, and you never know what boat you take on the way back!

We took Boca boat, since PV boat schedule is not so accomodating off season, and there is much more boats going to Boca. 60 pecos, and you r in Boca. Walk uphill, ask someone if its a stop to PV when see lots of people waiting , get on bus to downtown. We actually went opposite way, we decided to check Botanical gardens and have a lunch in their famouse restaurant, which was superamazing, btw! Was a great idea, since we were in the area.

Same way back , to downtown, after that a bus going to Walmart, Ask the driver to let you know where to get off, we missed the stop, but realized it

fast, it makes a turn right before W, but you can see it on ur left side. Walk across the street, see people waiting for a bus, get on the bus saying Sayulita! U will be home soon!

It was an adventure, but easier im sure than my describtion sounds! And fun!))

4. Re: Yelapa to Sayulita by water taxi/bus

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:15 pm, August 23, 2013