We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Possible first time to Yelapa

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Yelapa hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Chicago
Possible first time to Yelapa

We are considering a 5 to 7 day break to get away from work and blackberries!

After reading the reviews about HL I think we will choose HL as our destination with maybe one night in PV before or after.

I was wondering how good of a location HL is as far as to other restaurants and bars. Is it a pain in the but in the evenings to come from town or get to town?

Any other recommendations for place to stay and eat at?

Thanks

jayess
1. Re: Possible first time to Yelapa

Nothing is very far, it is a small place, but most of what you will do at night is in the village, therefore it is nice to be staying on the village side of the river and it is real easy to get to the beach in the day time, the location of Mary Sol is nice and there are some other nice places nearby. It is easy to find a town map on the Yelapa home page.

EVERYWHERE
reviews: 12
2. Re: Possible first time to Yelapa

Hi tom...what is HL?

We are headed to Yelapa as first timers and are super excited about our advenure...

Here's a good website we used for gathering info. We choose a casa as opposed to a hotel....

http://www.casainyelapa.com

Chicago
3. Re: Possible first time to Yelapa

HL = Hotel Lagunita.

Thanks for the advise. I looked at Mar y Sol and it looked nice. If we go we don't really plan on cooking so would be nice to find place to eat. I read that its not too pricey, is that correct?

EVERYWHERE
4. Re: Possible first time to Yelapa

We only plan on cooking maybe a light breakfast in.....and definetly coffee from our balconey each day. From everything I have read it's super reasonable to eat out there...and If I am correct from your screen name you are from Chicago...so you are REALLLLY going to think it's a steal by Chi town standards. Fajita's for $8.00 -10 US for dinner portions...lol...how nice is that!?

The reason we chose a casa is a little more privacy....windows that shut....our very own balconey that overlooks both the cove and the ocean from above....and a fridge so we can put a case of beer in it and sit on our balconey and live the good life! ahhhhhhhhhhhh....

here is another great link for yelapa info just incase you don't have it already.

http://www.yelapa.info/

happy planning!! 23 days and 22 hours until departure for us....not that we are counting...lol

Monterey, California
reviews: 4
5. Re: Possible first time to Yelapa

I just returned from 7 nights at Hotel Lagunita. It is very relaxing and well situated on the best beach. There is no cooking facilities in the rooms but there is a very nice cafe attached to the hotel which serves 3 very nice meals and serves out to the lounges on the beach.

But, as a previous poster noted, HL is seperated from the main village by a shallow water break across the beach. So you must wade across. No big deal in daylight but when tide high and in darkness a little intimidating. So, you may feel that you are a little "trapped" over at HL when all the action is over in the villiage. And I say "action" in reference to happenings in a sleepy village. .

jayess
6. Re: Possible first time to Yelapa

The action of the sleepy village is great at night time, the best part of the day is finishing dinner and walking around the village, relaxing and enjoying the people on the streets, they have to be the nicest people I have ever seen, so staying on the village side is a good thing.

EVERYWHERE
7. Re: Possible first time to Yelapa

Awesome info! thanks for your time!!

Getting really excited now! 3 weeks to go! wahooooooooo

8. Re: Possible first time to Yelapa

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, August 29, 2010