We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

south shields

Which South Shields hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
South Shields, Tyne...
reviews: 2
south shields

Having lived in South Shields all my life and getting lots of help on the Magaluf forum, I thought I wouldn't mind helping any visitors to our little North East town. If you need any information I am here to help and assist, its not a problem. This is a great website and I have benefited hugely from it with the information I have gained from other members from other areas.

Clitheroe, United...
1. Re: south shields

Hi, you might be able to help me - we're booked on a DFDS mini cruise, leaving South Shields on Sunday. We can check in between 2.30pm - 4.30pm and sail at 5pm. Question is, if we dump the car at the car park at the Ferry Terminal, is there anywhere close by (or within a reasonable taxi ride) that we can have some lunch and watch the Liverpool v Man Utd game on Sky Sports, 1pm kick off? Its not really the end of the world if we can't, but thought it was worth asking!

Thanks

South Shields, Tyne...
2. Re: south shields

Im not sure my friend as I live in South Shields and the DFDS sails from North Shields over the river as far as I know, now a few things I do know is there is a Premier Inn at the Royal Keys which is about 5 minutes walk from the car park but Ive never been in and there is a bowling alley on the otherside of the road which might have a bar, North Shields town centre is only 5 minutes taxi drive away and Tynemouth is about 10/15 minutes drive. Im sorry that I dont have exact details for you as its a totally different town to mine.

Best Regards from Daryn

Clitheroe, United...
3. Re: south shields

Ha sorry about that, good job I didn't arrive at South Shields for the ferry!

Edinburgh, United...
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
reviews: 107
4. Re: south shields

That would of been a sight if you watched the DFDS sail by you while having a pint in the Alum House on the wrong side!

Joking aside, Darynsax gave good info there, or just jump in a taxi into North Shields, have a good trip!

BAC
5. Re: south shields

If the Alum House if that pub on the left hand side after you get off the Ferry, you might well be tempted to stay and forget the mini cruise, it's a lovely spot.

South Shields, Tyne...
6. Re: south shields

hahaha it is like lovely spot just stay in South Shields instead its a great nightlife at the weekend ,but jokes aside I must tell you a friend of mine went on the mini cruise to Amsterdam and said the price of beer on the boat is crazy now, also Amsterdam is even worse but I know that wont bother you when your away on a break you save for it and dont care how much stuff is ,well sometimes anyway LOL

I think he said it was £4 a pint on the boat and upto £8 in Amsterdam, they are gonna spoil it for themselves because people will stop going ,mind there must be cheaper bars than that.

Anyway have a nice time and tell us how it went.

Edinburgh, United...
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
reviews: 107
7. Re: south shields

duineeiginbac, yes thats the one......

Went on a DFDS trip frist time in 1983...think the bar prices were that price then!

South Shields, Tyne...
8. Re: south shields

I dont have any prices for beverages in the coffe shops if thats what you prefer LOL ,but I do here the window shopping is really good LOLhehehehe

South Shields, Tyne...
9. Re: south shields

How did the trip go guys ,did you enjoy or have you not been yet

10. Re: south shields

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, May 01, 2010
Get answers to your questions about South Shields