We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Alton towers visit 2013

Lisburn, United...
reviews: 1
Alton towers visit 2013

Hi, would anyone know roughly how busy alton towers will be the first monday in july (1st july 2013) i know english schools would be out yet, but still unsure how busy the park will actually be.

Also if i order fast track passes online do they send them through the post, or do i collect at the gate on the day?

16 replies to this topic
Solihull
reviews: 8
1. Re: Alton towers visit 2013

I think Alton Towers is always busy, though obviously busier during school holiday and bank holidays.

But it is never quiet.

Lisburn, United...
2. Re: Alton towers visit 2013

Though im i correct that the english schools still wont be out at that time of year? Here in northern ireland we finish on 30th june... Can only go during school hols and thought the very start of july would be quieter than say easter or end of july/august time.

Stafford, United...
Destination Expert
for Staffordshire
reviews: 99
3. Re: Alton towers visit 2013

Lots of the high schools have visits to Alton Towers during the last few weeks of term during June/July.

My sons school went on 12th &13th July this year and he didn't manage to get on many rides. With shortest queues of 1 1/2 hrs to over 2hrs he only managed to get on 4 rides.

He went on 19th July last year and same story.

The schools don't get the fast track tickets so if you've got them you're at an advantage, although there must have been a lot of other visitors there apart from school trips who had bought the fast track tickets as son was complaining about how many people were in the fast-track queue so taking them even longer to get on!

Lisburn, United...
4. Re: Alton towers visit 2013

Thanks for your reply.. Really dont think i would ever queue that long., they really should limit the amount of park visitors in a day.. Really dont want to pay for the fast track but looks like i may have too!

Tamworth, United...
Destination Expert
for Staffordshire
5. Re: Alton towers visit 2013

Different schools in different areas close at different times. As it approaches the end of term some higher year classes finish early. To the best of my knowledge schools start to close down just before the end of July.

As previous said it is always busy and you will have to expect to queue. Having recently visited Drayton Manor during the school holidays we queued an hour for each ride so by the time people got off and the next lot of people got on and were strapped in securely this took even more time so you will need to allow around 1.5 hours per ride. It is annoying and the theme parks really are not bothered how long each person ends up waiting as each person makes them money and this is what matters to them especially being seasonal.

Lisburn, United...
6. Re: Alton towers visit 2013

Thank you for your replies.. Im still Asuming start of july will be slightly quieter than easter? Havnt been to Alton Towers in 10 years... Looks like im gonna b buying the ultimate fast track passes at £85 each! Which i think is ridiculous, but only having one day at the park its the only way i have of been able to go on everything more than once!

Stafford, United...
Destination Expert
for Staffordshire
reviews: 99
7. Re: Alton towers visit 2013

Gosh...... £85 each !That's a right rip-off. No wonder they are letting so many in to encourage people to pay those prices for Fast Track.

Son says find a map of the park and work out where the best rides you want to go on are ,get there as soon as the gates open and sprint to them. They managed to get on a few rides before the queues built right up the first year they went,but this year their school had some confusion over the tickets when they reached the gates,so all the other coachloads got in before them.

A Tip.........go the Sat/Sunday when the V-festival is on at Weston park in August. My mate went then and said wasn't so packed at Alton Towers . Must have all been at the V-fest!

Edited: 4:11 am, September 08, 2012
Lisburn, United...
8. Re: Alton towers visit 2013

See we are going as a group of two familys.. With two kids age 4 and 6.. So its not so easy to fly through the park with them.. Would also be unfair to be standing in queues all day while the little ones wait with another adult. Really dont want to pay the £85 but it would def make the day easier..

As a frequent visitor to Orlando even the parks out there dont charge that much for a fast pass!

9. Re: Alton towers visit 2013

Hi I am coming to Alton towers on the 12th and 13th June and was just wondering how busy it would be at this time. As I don't really want to queue up for hours for each ride.

Tamworth, United...
Destination Expert
for Staffordshire
10. Re: Alton towers visit 2013

Nobody can say for certain how long you will have to queue for the rides. For instance it may not be a busy day because the weather may be inclement. I would suggest getting there as early as possible though to get as many rides in as you can. Sometimes it will take an hour to queue for each ride at theme parks.

Reply to: Alton towers visit 2013
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted