We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Never be afraid to complain! - Alton Towers picture service.

Chadderton, United...
Level Contributor
71 posts
29 reviews
Never be afraid to complain! - Alton Towers picture service.

Whilst at Alton Towers in july I bought one of the new waterproof USB wristbands for the 2 day visit. After riding Air, I tried to purchase my picture and when I had paid the woman behind the counter told me that the "system had crashed" so it took around 5 minutes for it to reboot, she then assured me my picture was on the wristband. When I got home, I was disappointed to find that my picture was not on there and I had not kept the reciept either, but I thought to send them an email anyway. Low and behind, I recieved an email back explaining that they would refund me, all I had to do was send them my address, so I did this and a couple of days later I recived an envelope in the post. To my complete surprise they had sent me a letter explaining that the company that deals with pictures (Picsolve) strives on keeping the customer happy. Also enclosed was a COMPLETE refund (£15, £10 for the wristband and £5 for the picture) and had also sent me a photopass which I could exchange for 5 free pictures, magnets or keyrings on any of the rides in the parks!

I just thought I would let everybody know that their customer service is excellent and I would have been happy with just a £5 refund for the picture! Brilliant little compensation. (:

UK
Level Contributor
1,984 posts
201 reviews
1. Re: Never be afraid to complain! - Alton Towers picture service.

Now that's good service and for once a company that prides itself in being customer friendly.

Staffordshire...
Destination Expert
for Staffordshire
Level Contributor
9,932 posts
10 reviews
2. Re: Never be afraid to complain! - Alton Towers picture service.

That's most certainly a good service. Makes a pleasant change.

Stoke-on-Trent...
1 post
3. Re: Never be afraid to complain! - Alton Towers picture service.

whilist my visit at alton towers which should of been a good experience, unfortunately it was not as i was threatened by a member of the towers of terror staff. i was appalled when i was told i was going to have my face smashed in when i accidently touched one of the staff, i am 14 years old and was upset by this experience. i have been coming to scarefest for the past 2 years and been visiting the park on numerous occasions for the past 6 years, i felt this was inappropiate behaviour from a member of staff who should clearly no better, as a result of this i will be wary of visiting the park again.

4. Re: Never be afraid to complain! - Alton Towers picture service.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 3:35 pm, October 31, 2012
Essex
Level Contributor
22,873 posts
71 reviews
5. Re: Never be afraid to complain! - Alton Towers picture service.

SCAREfest??

Is not that all part of the service?? Clearly it worked!

(or am I just misunderstanding something here YAAAAA Ha ha.......)

Staffordshire...
Destination Expert
for Staffordshire
Level Contributor
9,932 posts
10 reviews
6. Re: Never be afraid to complain! - Alton Towers picture service.

If you felt threatened by a staff member and have a complant then you should be writing to the management at Alton Towers. You're not going to get a response off this site.

Manchester, United...
1 post
1 review
7. Re: Never be afraid to complain! - Alton Towers picture service.

Just wish I was having as much luck as you had following your complaint. Customer service seems to have gone downhill rapidly in the past 12 months. They haven't even got the decency to reply to either my email or letter, let alone activate a refund.

Perth, United...
1 post
2 reviews
8. Re: Never be afraid to complain! - Alton Towers picture service.

Just back from Alton Towers and I found their customer service excellent. I queried a bill on my account and they were just going to wipe it off, with no questions. Also their online customer service staff went above and beyond in helping my family out. I will be going back next year.

9. Re: Never be afraid to complain! - Alton Towers picture service.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:15 am, October 06, 2014