We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to go to eat out near Alton Towers

Royal Tunbridge...
Where to go to eat out near Alton Towers

I'm taking my 16 yr old son and his friend to Alton Towers in a couple of weeks. We're staying in a guest house about a mile outside Alton Towers as the Alton Towers hotels are really expensive. We'll want to go out in the evenings for something to eat. Are ther any lively pizza restaurants or pubs that do good burgers etc that teenage boys would enjoy going to in the area or do we have to drive out to Derby or Stoke on Trent for something resembling nightlife? I just don't want to end up in a country pub with a couple of elderly locals propping up the bar that only does frozen scampi and oven chips! Any suggestions?

Thanks

Stoke-on-Trent...
reviews: 98
1. Re: Where to go to eat out near Alton Towers

If I were you I would nip down the road to Stoke. In the town centre near the railway station there are a dozen or so highly rated and varied restaurants and most of the pubs do really good food. The Glebe and the White Star are particularly recommended

derby
reviews: 10
2. Re: Where to go to eat out near Alton Towers

There is the steppingstones pub in Ashbourne that's about a 10 min dive away, that's your stereotypical modern plastic pub, but they are ok and the food has always ok been whenever we have been there.

3. Re: Where to go to eat out near Alton Towers

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:18 am, December 16, 2013