We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Alton Towers - places to stay

Chatham, United...
Alton Towers - places to stay

I have tickets for Alton Towers at the end of September & i am planning on staying near the park so that I can come back the next day.

Can anyone recommend a cheap but good quality hotel/b&b near the park. I will be driving up to Alton Towers so I am willing to travel a fair distance from the hotel to the park if the the place is good value & quality.

Thanks

Tamworth, United...
Destination Expert
for Staffordshire
reviews: 8
1. Re: Alton Towers - places to stay

Alton Towers has it's own hotel. Or do you mean you want something further away from the theme park?

Chatham, United...
2. Re: Alton Towers - places to stay

i would like something a little quieter away from the park.

Tamworth, United...
Destination Expert
for Staffordshire
3. Re: Alton Towers - places to stay

http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/LocalMaps-g504148-d282438-Alton_Towers_Hotel-Area.html#02,1341943457435,mc:S52.98394588175284|-1.8216882285156166,mz:-10,bc_restaurants:-1,bc_attractions:-1,map:-1

There are some B&Bs close by. If you click on the above link hover over the 4 blue boxes closest to Alton Towers for information.

Tamworth, United...
Destination Expert
for Staffordshire
4. Re: Alton Towers - places to stay

Sorry. When I noticed the link didn't work I tried to delete it but timed out. Try looking in the Alton and Uttoxeter area.

Norwich, United...
reviews: 22
5. Re: Alton Towers - places to stay

We always stay at The Malthouse B&B in Alton. The decor is a little dated and chintzy in places but it's clean and comfortable with a warm welcome and a good breakfast. We've stayed about 4 or 5 times now.

For a nice meal try The Bull pub in Alton too.

Birmingham, UK
reviews: 33
6. Re: Alton Towers - places to stay

If you don't mind driving I'd recommend the premier inn in Stoke on trent Trentham gardens, rooms are good and if you book in advance you may even be able to get one for £19 which cannot be beaten.

Surrounded by a little shopping village with craft stores and a frankie and bennys restaurant.

Stafford, United...
Destination Expert
for Staffordshire
reviews: 94
7. Re: Alton Towers - places to stay

I like The Holiday Inn Express by the A50 on Stanley Matthews Way,Stoke on Trent next door to The Britannia Stadium.

expressstoke.co.uk/Holiday-Inn-Express-Stoke…

There were a lot of Alton Towers visitors staying overnight there when we stayed and the hotel and staff were excellent.

Not far from The Premier Inn at Trentham Gardens, which I would also recommend.

Thetford, United...
reviews: 59
8. Re: Alton Towers - places to stay

You have to stay in a beautiful b&b called heywood hall. We travel 4 hours when we go to Alton towers and enjoy a lovely relaxing stay here! It has fantastic reviews on here. Good luck

essex uk
reviews: 4
9. Re: Alton Towers - places to stay

we have just returned from the peakstones inn which is 5 mins drive from Alton Towers. We stayed in one of the chalets which was very clean with lovely comfy beds. The breakfast was very good and its also an ideal evening when returning from Alton Towers as they do a good evening meal and have a nice open fire to enjoy a few drinks.

10. Re: Alton Towers - places to stay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 am, October 16, 2013