We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Alton towers hotel or splash landings?

Leeds, United...
reviews: 4
Alton towers hotel or splash landings?

I'm wanting to book a nite in either hotel but not sure which one. My children are 2 and 6 so is one better for them than the other for evening entertainment or are they similar.

Thanks

Newcastle upon...
reviews: 13
1. Re: Alton towers hotel or splash landings?

I would Recommend the Splash landings hotel, much more colourful with a more Caribbean style and the music in the lifts is excellent. stayed in both hotels but i prefer splash landings, its also slightly cheaper. you can use either of the facilities no matter what hotel you stay in. Alton towers hotel is nice but seems to be darker in colours but is still good

I hear the evening entertainment is better in Alton towers hotel, however they do have a disco of some sort in splash landings and entertainers for the kids.

hope this helps

Birmingham, United...
reviews: 31
2. Re: Alton towers hotel or splash landings?

Remember you can walk between both hotels via the indoor Skywalk. Therefore you can watch the entertainment most appropriate to your group, no matter where you stay.

Having stayed at both several times I would recommend Splash Landings for families, as it is right next to the theme park monorail and has easy access to the waterpark (it is inside the hotel!).

Chadderton, United...
reviews: 25
3. Re: Alton towers hotel or splash landings?

I'd say splash landings is better.

4. Re: Alton towers hotel or splash landings?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 am, August 29, 2013