We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Glasgow - Alton Towers

Scotland
reviews: 1
Glasgow - Alton Towers

Please help! We are a group of 6 teenagers looking to go to Alton Towers for the night in summer. What is the best way to get there from Glasgow? We don't drive, and are hoping to take the train!

Please Help!!

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
reviews: 53
1. Re: Glasgow - Alton Towers

Alton Towers is in the middle of nowhere and without a car it'll be a long tedious journey!

altontowers.com/pages/…directions-by-bus

Peak District...
Destination Expert
for Derbyshire
reviews: 228
2. Re: Glasgow - Alton Towers

You should be able to get a fast train direct to Stoke or Stafford. You may find a ticket which includes transport to the site and entry, or you can engage local taxi / bus / car hire for the last part of the journey.

Bingley, United...
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
3. Re: Glasgow - Alton Towers

The least worst way is train to Uttoxeter via Crewe as Uttoxeter has regular bus services direct from the station to Alton Towers

Better option is to find a coach company in Glasgow that does trips to Alton Towers

4. Re: Glasgow - Alton Towers

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:39 pm, September 19, 2009
Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
reviews: 73
5. Re: Glasgow - Alton Towers

I would have said Summer was over now and the park in the cold and rain is not half the fun although it will be quieter :)

Even with a car its a real PIA to get to. I would go into your local travel agents or look in the holday section of the Sunday newspapers like the News of the World. Often there are coach tours to Alton Towers advertised in there.

Otherwise maybe David urquart or Parks of Hamilton or another coach company might have organised tours especially over the October break. Really if you don't have a car then you need to stay very close to the park if not in it. There is a travelodge in Uttoxeter and they may have cheap rooms available as they have a sale on at teh moment. I think you need to stay overnight if you take public transport.

Scotland
reviews: 4
6. Re: Glasgow - Alton Towers

Aberfoyle Coaches have trips heading to Alton Towers in 2010 I noticed the other day: http://www.aberfoylecoaches.com/trips/

Edited: 12:45 pm, December 12, 2009
Glasgow
7. Re: Glasgow - Alton Towers

there's another company that does them,

website was www.kineticfox.com

I went with them last year and it was brilliant, in fact going again with them on Sat 5th June! love alton towers!

Stafford, United...
Destination Expert
for Staffordshire
reviews: 111
8. Re: Glasgow - Alton Towers

I would second any suggestion that the best way is to get a coach trip directly to the park.

It is a long way from the train stations and would cost a fortune if you got a taxi from the station as suggested in a previous post(especially Stafford Station which is over 23 miles away!)

Glasgow
9. Re: Glasgow - Alton Towers

Yo,

I arranged a trip to alton towers from Glasgow with a group of mates a couple of years ago. There is a leaflet you can pick up inside buchanan bus station. A company does a package thing for a whole weekend. Think we paid £140 for the whole weekend. That included:

Transport on a Friday from buchanan bus station to a hotel in Stoke on Trent. Stay in a hotel on Friday and Saturday night. Breakfast and dinner on Saturday in the hotel. Transport to and from the hotel to the park on Saturday and Sunday. Weekend park ticket also included. You leave the park on Sunday about 5pm and head straight back to Glasgow on the coach.

It was a great package deal which took care of everything once we got on the bus in Glasgow. Highly recommended. Im booking again this year.

Glasgow
10. Re: Glasgow - Alton Towers

Hi,

Overland travel do a deal to take you to alton towers for the weekend or for a day.... I used them to go for the weekend before, highly recommended...

www.osa-travel.co.uk/Overland/o_alton_day.htm